Barbara Walters to Take Months of Recovery Break
Veteran U.S. newswoman Barbara Walters is to undergo surgery later this week to replace a faulty heart valve. The TV legend, 80, made the announcement on her hit morning talk show "The View" on Monday, May 10, revealing she has known about the condition "for a while now" and finally decided to have the procedure so it coincided with the programme's hiatus later this summer.
She explained, "Later this week I am going to have surgery to replace one faulty heart valve. Now lots of people have done this. I have known of this condition for a while now and my doctors and I have decided this is the best time to do the surgery. And since the summer is coming up I can take a nice vacation."
Walters also added that doctors estimate her recovery time to be "anywhere from a month to three months".
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says