Barbara Walters to Take Months of Recovery Break
Veteran U.S. newswoman Barbara Walters is to undergo surgery later this week to replace a faulty heart valve. The TV legend, 80, made the announcement on her hit morning talk show "The View" on Monday, May 10, revealing she has known about the condition "for a while now" and finally decided to have the procedure so it coincided with the programme's hiatus later this summer.
She explained, "Later this week I am going to have surgery to replace one faulty heart valve. Now lots of people have done this. I have known of this condition for a while now and my doctors and I have decided this is the best time to do the surgery. And since the summer is coming up I can take a nice vacation."
Walters also added that doctors estimate her recovery time to be "anywhere from a month to three months".
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia