Barbara Walters to Take Months of Recovery Break
Veteran U.S. newswoman Barbara Walters is to undergo surgery later this week to replace a faulty heart valve. The TV legend, 80, made the announcement on her hit morning talk show "The View" on Monday, May 10, revealing she has known about the condition "for a while now" and finally decided to have the procedure so it coincided with the programme's hiatus later this summer.
She explained, "Later this week I am going to have surgery to replace one faulty heart valve. Now lots of people have done this. I have known of this condition for a while now and my doctors and I have decided this is the best time to do the surgery. And since the summer is coming up I can take a nice vacation."
Walters also added that doctors estimate her recovery time to be "anywhere from a month to three months".
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!