Barbara Walters to Take Months of Recovery Break
Veteran U.S. newswoman Barbara Walters is to undergo surgery later this week to replace a faulty heart valve. The TV legend, 80, made the announcement on her hit morning talk show "The View" on Monday, May 10, revealing she has known about the condition "for a while now" and finally decided to have the procedure so it coincided with the programme's hiatus later this summer.
She explained, "Later this week I am going to have surgery to replace one faulty heart valve. Now lots of people have done this. I have known of this condition for a while now and my doctors and I have decided this is the best time to do the surgery. And since the summer is coming up I can take a nice vacation."
Walters also added that doctors estimate her recovery time to be "anywhere from a month to three months".
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal