Dad Wants Judge to Put Lindsay Lohan in Rehab
Lindsay Lohan's estranged father Michael is urging the judge in the actress' drink driving probation case to send his troubled daughter to rehab. The "Mean Girls" actress currently attends court-ordered alcohol education classes as part of her probation after pleading guilty to cocaine use and no contest to drink-driving and reckless driving charges following a 2007 arrest.
She has been embroiled in a war of words with her dad Michael Lohan since he attempted to stage an intervention at her Hollywood home last month, claiming his eldest daughter is hooked on prescription drugs. The actress has vehemently denied the allegations, insisting she has turned her life around and is drug-free.
But the born-again Christian has expressed his concern once again, insisting he's worried his daughter could become "the next Hollywood statistic". In a letter to the judge, Michael Lohan's lawyer, Lisa Bloom, writes, "Lindsay may have violated the terms of her probation by missing multiple court-ordered alcohol education classes."
Bloom also claims the patriarch is "gravely concerned" about his daughter's "deterioration", and wants the judge to make her attend a private rehabilitation facility in New York. He is also seeking court-ordered family counseling. Bloom asks the judge to extend Lohan's probation period and subject her to "frequent, random, court-ordered drug testing", if rehab is rejected, reports TMZ.com.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby