Dad Wants Judge to Put Lindsay Lohan in Rehab
Lindsay Lohan's estranged father Michael is urging the judge in the actress' drink driving probation case to send his troubled daughter to rehab. The "Mean Girls" actress currently attends court-ordered alcohol education classes as part of her probation after pleading guilty to cocaine use and no contest to drink-driving and reckless driving charges following a 2007 arrest.
She has been embroiled in a war of words with her dad Michael Lohan since he attempted to stage an intervention at her Hollywood home last month, claiming his eldest daughter is hooked on prescription drugs. The actress has vehemently denied the allegations, insisting she has turned her life around and is drug-free.
But the born-again Christian has expressed his concern once again, insisting he's worried his daughter could become "the next Hollywood statistic". In a letter to the judge, Michael Lohan's lawyer, Lisa Bloom, writes, "Lindsay may have violated the terms of her probation by missing multiple court-ordered alcohol education classes."
Bloom also claims the patriarch is "gravely concerned" about his daughter's "deterioration", and wants the judge to make her attend a private rehabilitation facility in New York. He is also seeking court-ordered family counseling. Bloom asks the judge to extend Lohan's probation period and subject her to "frequent, random, court-ordered drug testing", if rehab is rejected, reports TMZ.com.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story