Dad Wants Judge to Put Lindsay Lohan in Rehab
Lindsay Lohan's estranged father Michael is urging the judge in the actress' drink driving probation case to send his troubled daughter to rehab. The "Mean Girls" actress currently attends court-ordered alcohol education classes as part of her probation after pleading guilty to cocaine use and no contest to drink-driving and reckless driving charges following a 2007 arrest.
She has been embroiled in a war of words with her dad Michael Lohan since he attempted to stage an intervention at her Hollywood home last month, claiming his eldest daughter is hooked on prescription drugs. The actress has vehemently denied the allegations, insisting she has turned her life around and is drug-free.
But the born-again Christian has expressed his concern once again, insisting he's worried his daughter could become "the next Hollywood statistic". In a letter to the judge, Michael Lohan's lawyer, Lisa Bloom, writes, "Lindsay may have violated the terms of her probation by missing multiple court-ordered alcohol education classes."
Bloom also claims the patriarch is "gravely concerned" about his daughter's "deterioration", and wants the judge to make her attend a private rehabilitation facility in New York. He is also seeking court-ordered family counseling. Bloom asks the judge to extend Lohan's probation period and subject her to "frequent, random, court-ordered drug testing", if rehab is rejected, reports TMZ.com.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie