Elton John Pays Tribute to Stephen Gately in Book
Sir Elton John has paid tribute to his late friend Stephen Gately by writing the foreword to his new book. The Boyzone singer was busy working on "The Tree of Seasons" before his tragic death last year, October 2009. Gately's bandmates vowed to complete the children's fantasy novel, and the book is now set for release later this month.
The "Rocket Man" and his husband David Furnish, who introduced the Irish star to his partner Andrew Cowles, wrote a foreword for the story - and Cowles is determined to make the book a success. He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "He (Gately) was so proud of that book, and I am so proud of him. It's going to surprise people. Stephen poured four years into writing this thing and he has an amazing imagination."
"Stephen's not here to promote his book. So I am doing it for him."
More Elton John News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'