Elton John Pays Tribute to Stephen Gately in Book
Sir Elton John has paid tribute to his late friend Stephen Gately by writing the foreword to his new book. The Boyzone singer was busy working on "The Tree of Seasons" before his tragic death last year, October 2009. Gately's bandmates vowed to complete the children's fantasy novel, and the book is now set for release later this month.
The "Rocket Man" and his husband David Furnish, who introduced the Irish star to his partner Andrew Cowles, wrote a foreword for the story - and Cowles is determined to make the book a success. He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "He (Gately) was so proud of that book, and I am so proud of him. It's going to surprise people. Stephen poured four years into writing this thing and he has an amazing imagination."
"Stephen's not here to promote his book. So I am doing it for him."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo