Elton John Pays Tribute to Stephen Gately in Book
Sir Elton John has paid tribute to his late friend Stephen Gately by writing the foreword to his new book. The Boyzone singer was busy working on "The Tree of Seasons" before his tragic death last year, October 2009. Gately's bandmates vowed to complete the children's fantasy novel, and the book is now set for release later this month.
The "Rocket Man" and his husband David Furnish, who introduced the Irish star to his partner Andrew Cowles, wrote a foreword for the story - and Cowles is determined to make the book a success. He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "He (Gately) was so proud of that book, and I am so proud of him. It's going to surprise people. Stephen poured four years into writing this thing and he has an amazing imagination."
"Stephen's not here to promote his book. So I am doing it for him."
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- Britney Spears Slams Lip-Sync Accusations: 'Nobody Ever Really Gives Me Credit'
- 'Gotham' Star Donal Logue's Child Is Missing
- 'Star Trek' Alum to Direct an Upcoming Episode of 'Star Trek: Discovery'
- Kim Kardashian Mom-Shamed Over Saint West's Front-Facing Car Seat
- Rihanna Caught Making Out With Mystery Man in Spain
- Kendrick Lamar Gets Violent in New Brutal Video for 'Element'
- 'Girl with Dragon Tattoo' Star Michael Nyqvist Dies at 56