Elton John Pays Tribute to Stephen Gately in Book
Sir Elton John has paid tribute to his late friend Stephen Gately by writing the foreword to his new book. The Boyzone singer was busy working on "The Tree of Seasons" before his tragic death last year, October 2009. Gately's bandmates vowed to complete the children's fantasy novel, and the book is now set for release later this month.
The "Rocket Man" and his husband David Furnish, who introduced the Irish star to his partner Andrew Cowles, wrote a foreword for the story - and Cowles is determined to make the book a success. He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "He (Gately) was so proud of that book, and I am so proud of him. It's going to surprise people. Stephen poured four years into writing this thing and he has an amazing imagination."
"Stephen's not here to promote his book. So I am doing it for him."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'