Alexandra Burke Angry to Mom Over Claim She Does Not Give 'a Penny'
British singer Alexandra Burke has reportedly fallen out with her mother following her claims the star hasn't given her family "a penny" since she shot to fame. The "Bad Boys" hitmaker became a household name in Britain when she won Simon Cowell's reality TV contest "The X Factor" in 2008, and has subsequently enjoyed two chart-topping singles, as well as a number one album.
But her success has been tainted by arguments with her mum Melissa Bell - a one-time singer with British group Soul II Soul - who is planning to release a tell-all book about her tumultuous relationship with her daughter. In a recent interview, Melissa claimed she had received no financial help from her famous offspring, and that she was the "better singer" of the two.
And the catty comments have led to a furious fall-out between the pair, according to Britain's People newspaper. A source tells the publication, "Alex and her mum had a big row because she feels that her mum is taking advantage of her fame by bringing the book out now. There was a huge bust-up and some not very nice things were said between the pair. It would be fair to say relations are very, very low."
"Alex doesn't want her family in the limelight, she just wants them to be her family. She has done really, really well during and since 'The X Factor' and loves having her family to support her, but unfortunately she feels that her mum likes to be in the limelight."
"Alex is very good to her family and when her royalties come through from her first album in a year's time the first thing that she will do is buy them a house so they can move out of their council flat. That's how loyal she is."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival