Alexandra Burke Angry to Mom Over Claim She Does Not Give 'a Penny'
British singer Alexandra Burke has reportedly fallen out with her mother following her claims the star hasn't given her family "a penny" since she shot to fame. The "Bad Boys" hitmaker became a household name in Britain when she won Simon Cowell's reality TV contest "The X Factor" in 2008, and has subsequently enjoyed two chart-topping singles, as well as a number one album.
But her success has been tainted by arguments with her mum Melissa Bell - a one-time singer with British group Soul II Soul - who is planning to release a tell-all book about her tumultuous relationship with her daughter. In a recent interview, Melissa claimed she had received no financial help from her famous offspring, and that she was the "better singer" of the two.
And the catty comments have led to a furious fall-out between the pair, according to Britain's People newspaper. A source tells the publication, "Alex and her mum had a big row because she feels that her mum is taking advantage of her fame by bringing the book out now. There was a huge bust-up and some not very nice things were said between the pair. It would be fair to say relations are very, very low."
"Alex doesn't want her family in the limelight, she just wants them to be her family. She has done really, really well during and since 'The X Factor' and loves having her family to support her, but unfortunately she feels that her mum likes to be in the limelight."
"Alex is very good to her family and when her royalties come through from her first album in a year's time the first thing that she will do is buy them a house so they can move out of their council flat. That's how loyal she is."
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'