Status Quo Star Rick Parfitt's Marriage Threatened by His Drinking Behavior
Status Quo star Rick Parfitt is battling to save his marriage after his wife told him to stop drinking, according to a U.K report. The rocker wed fitness instructor Lyndsay Whitburn in 2006 and the pair lives in a villa in the Spanish countryside with 23-month-old twins, Lily and Tommy.
But their marriage has been rocked after Whitburn allegedly told the star to cut back on his boozing, according to Britain's News of the World. A source tells the publication, "It's touch and go whether their marriage will survive. Lyndsay doesn't know if she can take much more. Lyndsay is totally fed up and wants to go back to the U.K. She feels like she has no life."
The pair is said to have gone on a luxury break in Marbella in April this year in a bid to salvage their relationship - but Whitburn was left fuming when Parfitt continued to drink. The insider adds, "He was really knocking back the booze. They had a big row which led to Lyndsay jumping in a cab and going home."
"But Rick didn't seem too bothered and stayed on drinking. He was totally slaughtered and should have known better. The weekend was meant to help save the marriage but it highlighted everything that is wrong with it."
"Lyndsay loves Rick dearly, but she cannot keep tolerating his drunken behavior. Like all married couples, they do row. And we all know that Rick likes to party. He is hopeful they can sort things out."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story