Lynn Redgrave Laid to Rest Witnessed by Family and Friends
Friends and family of Lynn Redgrave, including her sister Vanessa Redgrave and Liam Neeson, turned out to pay their last respects to the actress at her funeral on Saturday, May 8. The Oscar-nominated "Georgy Girl" star died at her home in New York last week following a seven-year battle with breast cancer.
Mourners paid their respects to the actress during a private ceremony on Saturday at the First Congregational Church of Kent in Connecticut. Redgrave was later laid to rest in a wicker coffin covered in spring flowers at St. Peter's Cemetery in Lithgow, New York - the same place her mother Rachel Kempson Redgrave was buried in 2003, as well as her niece Natasha Richardson following her death in a ski accident last year.
Richardson's husband Neeson joined Lynn Redgrave's mother, Vanessa, and her niece, Joely Richardson, at the ceremonies. Also at the service was Redgrave's "Gods and Monsters" co-star Brendan Fraser, who said of the actress, "Lynn had a real quiet bliss about her, and enthusiasm. I think if I ever saw her sad, it was in a performance."
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'