Lynn Redgrave Laid to Rest Witnessed by Family and Friends
Friends and family of Lynn Redgrave, including her sister Vanessa Redgrave and Liam Neeson, turned out to pay their last respects to the actress at her funeral on Saturday, May 8. The Oscar-nominated "Georgy Girl" star died at her home in New York last week following a seven-year battle with breast cancer.
Mourners paid their respects to the actress during a private ceremony on Saturday at the First Congregational Church of Kent in Connecticut. Redgrave was later laid to rest in a wicker coffin covered in spring flowers at St. Peter's Cemetery in Lithgow, New York - the same place her mother Rachel Kempson Redgrave was buried in 2003, as well as her niece Natasha Richardson following her death in a ski accident last year.
Richardson's husband Neeson joined Lynn Redgrave's mother, Vanessa, and her niece, Joely Richardson, at the ceremonies. Also at the service was Redgrave's "Gods and Monsters" co-star Brendan Fraser, who said of the actress, "Lynn had a real quiet bliss about her, and enthusiasm. I think if I ever saw her sad, it was in a performance."
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video