Lynn Redgrave Laid to Rest Witnessed by Family and Friends
Friends and family of Lynn Redgrave, including her sister Vanessa Redgrave and Liam Neeson, turned out to pay their last respects to the actress at her funeral on Saturday, May 8. The Oscar-nominated "Georgy Girl" star died at her home in New York last week following a seven-year battle with breast cancer.
Mourners paid their respects to the actress during a private ceremony on Saturday at the First Congregational Church of Kent in Connecticut. Redgrave was later laid to rest in a wicker coffin covered in spring flowers at St. Peter's Cemetery in Lithgow, New York - the same place her mother Rachel Kempson Redgrave was buried in 2003, as well as her niece Natasha Richardson following her death in a ski accident last year.
Richardson's husband Neeson joined Lynn Redgrave's mother, Vanessa, and her niece, Joely Richardson, at the ceremonies. Also at the service was Redgrave's "Gods and Monsters" co-star Brendan Fraser, who said of the actress, "Lynn had a real quiet bliss about her, and enthusiasm. I think if I ever saw her sad, it was in a performance."
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?