Lynn Redgrave Laid to Rest Witnessed by Family and Friends
Friends and family of Lynn Redgrave, including her sister Vanessa Redgrave and Liam Neeson, turned out to pay their last respects to the actress at her funeral on Saturday, May 8. The Oscar-nominated "Georgy Girl" star died at her home in New York last week following a seven-year battle with breast cancer.
Mourners paid their respects to the actress during a private ceremony on Saturday at the First Congregational Church of Kent in Connecticut. Redgrave was later laid to rest in a wicker coffin covered in spring flowers at St. Peter's Cemetery in Lithgow, New York - the same place her mother Rachel Kempson Redgrave was buried in 2003, as well as her niece Natasha Richardson following her death in a ski accident last year.
Richardson's husband Neeson joined Lynn Redgrave's mother, Vanessa, and her niece, Joely Richardson, at the ceremonies. Also at the service was Redgrave's "Gods and Monsters" co-star Brendan Fraser, who said of the actress, "Lynn had a real quiet bliss about her, and enthusiasm. I think if I ever saw her sad, it was in a performance."
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12