Lynn Redgrave Laid to Rest Witnessed by Family and Friends
Friends and family of Lynn Redgrave, including her sister Vanessa Redgrave and Liam Neeson, turned out to pay their last respects to the actress at her funeral on Saturday, May 8. The Oscar-nominated "Georgy Girl" star died at her home in New York last week following a seven-year battle with breast cancer.
Mourners paid their respects to the actress during a private ceremony on Saturday at the First Congregational Church of Kent in Connecticut. Redgrave was later laid to rest in a wicker coffin covered in spring flowers at St. Peter's Cemetery in Lithgow, New York - the same place her mother Rachel Kempson Redgrave was buried in 2003, as well as her niece Natasha Richardson following her death in a ski accident last year.
Richardson's husband Neeson joined Lynn Redgrave's mother, Vanessa, and her niece, Joely Richardson, at the ceremonies. Also at the service was Redgrave's "Gods and Monsters" co-star Brendan Fraser, who said of the actress, "Lynn had a real quiet bliss about her, and enthusiasm. I think if I ever saw her sad, it was in a performance."
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation