Liam Gallagher to Reveal Beatles Movie Plan at Cannes Fest
Liam Gallagher will unveil a new film project about the final years of The Beatles at this month's Cannes Film Festival in France, according to new reports. The Oasis frontman has been a longtime fan of the Fab Four and has reportedly acquired the film rights to the band's party-loving pal Richard DiLello's memoirs.
Britain's Daily Mail reports Gallagher will announce a film project based on the book "The Longest Cocktail Party: An Insider's Diary of The Beatles, Their Million Dollar Apple Empire and Its Wild Rise and Fall" at Cannes. The singer has called DiLello's book "f**king brilliant".
"This will be a film with humour and affection, providing an insider's look at what it meant to be a young man caught up in the wild swirl of the music business, celebrities and the tail end of the swinging 60s in London," says a spokesperson for Gallagher's film company In 1 Productions.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday