Liam Gallagher to Reveal Beatles Movie Plan at Cannes Fest
Liam Gallagher will unveil a new film project about the final years of The Beatles at this month's Cannes Film Festival in France, according to new reports. The Oasis frontman has been a longtime fan of the Fab Four and has reportedly acquired the film rights to the band's party-loving pal Richard DiLello's memoirs.
Britain's Daily Mail reports Gallagher will announce a film project based on the book "The Longest Cocktail Party: An Insider's Diary of The Beatles, Their Million Dollar Apple Empire and Its Wild Rise and Fall" at Cannes. The singer has called DiLello's book "f**king brilliant".
"This will be a film with humour and affection, providing an insider's look at what it meant to be a young man caught up in the wild swirl of the music business, celebrities and the tail end of the swinging 60s in London," says a spokesperson for Gallagher's film company In 1 Productions.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival