Liam Gallagher to Reveal Beatles Movie Plan at Cannes Fest
Liam Gallagher will unveil a new film project about the final years of The Beatles at this month's Cannes Film Festival in France, according to new reports. The Oasis frontman has been a longtime fan of the Fab Four and has reportedly acquired the film rights to the band's party-loving pal Richard DiLello's memoirs.
Britain's Daily Mail reports Gallagher will announce a film project based on the book "The Longest Cocktail Party: An Insider's Diary of The Beatles, Their Million Dollar Apple Empire and Its Wild Rise and Fall" at Cannes. The singer has called DiLello's book "f**king brilliant".
"This will be a film with humour and affection, providing an insider's look at what it meant to be a young man caught up in the wild swirl of the music business, celebrities and the tail end of the swinging 60s in London," says a spokesperson for Gallagher's film company In 1 Productions.
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'