Liam Gallagher to Reveal Beatles Movie Plan at Cannes Fest
Liam Gallagher will unveil a new film project about the final years of The Beatles at this month's Cannes Film Festival in France, according to new reports. The Oasis frontman has been a longtime fan of the Fab Four and has reportedly acquired the film rights to the band's party-loving pal Richard DiLello's memoirs.
Britain's Daily Mail reports Gallagher will announce a film project based on the book "The Longest Cocktail Party: An Insider's Diary of The Beatles, Their Million Dollar Apple Empire and Its Wild Rise and Fall" at Cannes. The singer has called DiLello's book "f**king brilliant".
"This will be a film with humour and affection, providing an insider's look at what it meant to be a young man caught up in the wild swirl of the music business, celebrities and the tail end of the swinging 60s in London," says a spokesperson for Gallagher's film company In 1 Productions.
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Harry Styles Looks Handsome With His New Haircut. See His Clean-Cut Look!
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- Rihanna Launches 'Star Trek'-Inspired Eyewear With Dior. See the Futuristic Design!
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana