Clipse Not Breaking Up Despite Solo Projects
Hip-hop duo Clipse has assured fans the band is not splitting up after unveiling plans to release solo albums later this year. Rapper Pusha T recently announced he and his brother Malice would each be hitting the studio alone to work on separate projects. He said, "2010 new Clipse music... (and) solo projects by myself, Pusha, and Malice."
But Pusha T insists pursuing their individual music goals will not spell the end of Clipse - they are just trying to expand their label, Re-Up Gang Records. He tells Vibe magazine, "We got Re-Up Gang Records, so we're trying to exercise every aspect of putting music out there."
"The Clipse will definitely be putting more music out. But it only makes sense for us to do solo projects and build a catalog with solo records by ourselves."
And the star hopes to display a different side of his personality that fans have yet to see: "I think I've grown with every Clipse album, but there's an emotional side of Pusha that people need to see. I want people to get a little more in tune with my thought process."
Clipse's last album, "Til the Casket Drops", was released last December.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics