Orlando Bloom to Testify Against 'Pretty Wild' Star
Actor Orlando Bloom will appear in a Los Angeles court to testify against the teenage burglars who ransacked his house in the Hollywood Hills. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star's home was targeted by the so-called Hollywood Burglar Bunch last year, along with celebrities like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Rachel Bilson.
Items stolen from the stars' properties included designer clothing, jewelery and cash amounting to more than $3 million. Five people, three of whom are teenagers, were subsequently arrested by police and are preparing to stand trial on felony burglary charges.
One suspect, Alexis Neiers, will face the charge when she heads to court on Monday, May 10. The 18 year old has confessed to being on Bloom's property on the night of the alleged crime, but insists she had nothing to do with the burglary and has pleaded not guilty.
She will come face-to-face with Bloom when the trial begins as he recounts the night of the break-in, in which he lost over $500,000 in artwork, watches and other valuables, reports People.com. Neiers is facing up to six years in prison if convicted. The other defendants will stand trial separately later this year.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic