Orlando Bloom to Testify Against 'Pretty Wild' Star
Actor Orlando Bloom will appear in a Los Angeles court to testify against the teenage burglars who ransacked his house in the Hollywood Hills. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star's home was targeted by the so-called Hollywood Burglar Bunch last year, along with celebrities like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Rachel Bilson.
Items stolen from the stars' properties included designer clothing, jewelery and cash amounting to more than $3 million. Five people, three of whom are teenagers, were subsequently arrested by police and are preparing to stand trial on felony burglary charges.
One suspect, Alexis Neiers, will face the charge when she heads to court on Monday, May 10. The 18 year old has confessed to being on Bloom's property on the night of the alleged crime, but insists she had nothing to do with the burglary and has pleaded not guilty.
She will come face-to-face with Bloom when the trial begins as he recounts the night of the break-in, in which he lost over $500,000 in artwork, watches and other valuables, reports People.com. Neiers is facing up to six years in prison if convicted. The other defendants will stand trial separately later this year.
More Orlando Bloom News
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video