Kelis Blasts PETA, Urging Them to Fight for 'More Important Issues'
R&B star Kelis has risked the wrath of animal rights activists yet again - she admits deliberately trying to "wind them up" by embarking on a war of words earlier this year. The singer blasted staff at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) in January, writing a letter to bosses insisting it's a waste of time trying to "save the dang chipmunk".
PETA bosses hit back, telling the "Milkshake" hitmaker they had been "inundated" with complaints after she was photographed wearing a fur hat and coat during a trip to London. Now Kelis has re-ignited the feud - branding the animal rights group bosses uptight and urging them to fight for more "important" issues.
Asked by British rock mag NME if she was "trying to wind them up" with her original letter, she says: "Well yeah! I mean, firstly, it's just far too easy to p**s them off. I mean, give me a break. Get your panties out of a bunch, just relax. I mean seriously? I believe in live and let live, but I feel there are far more important issues with natural disasters and poverty and plague. I'm sorry if a mink is last on my list."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri