Kelis Blasts PETA, Urging Them to Fight for 'More Important Issues'
R&B star Kelis has risked the wrath of animal rights activists yet again - she admits deliberately trying to "wind them up" by embarking on a war of words earlier this year. The singer blasted staff at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) in January, writing a letter to bosses insisting it's a waste of time trying to "save the dang chipmunk".
PETA bosses hit back, telling the "Milkshake" hitmaker they had been "inundated" with complaints after she was photographed wearing a fur hat and coat during a trip to London. Now Kelis has re-ignited the feud - branding the animal rights group bosses uptight and urging them to fight for more "important" issues.
Asked by British rock mag NME if she was "trying to wind them up" with her original letter, she says: "Well yeah! I mean, firstly, it's just far too easy to p**s them off. I mean, give me a break. Get your panties out of a bunch, just relax. I mean seriously? I believe in live and let live, but I feel there are far more important issues with natural disasters and poverty and plague. I'm sorry if a mink is last on my list."
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular