Kelis Blasts PETA, Urging Them to Fight for 'More Important Issues'
R&B star Kelis has risked the wrath of animal rights activists yet again - she admits deliberately trying to "wind them up" by embarking on a war of words earlier this year. The singer blasted staff at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) in January, writing a letter to bosses insisting it's a waste of time trying to "save the dang chipmunk".
PETA bosses hit back, telling the "Milkshake" hitmaker they had been "inundated" with complaints after she was photographed wearing a fur hat and coat during a trip to London. Now Kelis has re-ignited the feud - branding the animal rights group bosses uptight and urging them to fight for more "important" issues.
Asked by British rock mag NME if she was "trying to wind them up" with her original letter, she says: "Well yeah! I mean, firstly, it's just far too easy to p**s them off. I mean, give me a break. Get your panties out of a bunch, just relax. I mean seriously? I believe in live and let live, but I feel there are far more important issues with natural disasters and poverty and plague. I'm sorry if a mink is last on my list."
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush