Kelis Blasts PETA, Urging Them to Fight for 'More Important Issues'
R&B star Kelis has risked the wrath of animal rights activists yet again - she admits deliberately trying to "wind them up" by embarking on a war of words earlier this year. The singer blasted staff at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) in January, writing a letter to bosses insisting it's a waste of time trying to "save the dang chipmunk".
PETA bosses hit back, telling the "Milkshake" hitmaker they had been "inundated" with complaints after she was photographed wearing a fur hat and coat during a trip to London. Now Kelis has re-ignited the feud - branding the animal rights group bosses uptight and urging them to fight for more "important" issues.
Asked by British rock mag NME if she was "trying to wind them up" with her original letter, she says: "Well yeah! I mean, firstly, it's just far too easy to p**s them off. I mean, give me a break. Get your panties out of a bunch, just relax. I mean seriously? I believe in live and let live, but I feel there are far more important issues with natural disasters and poverty and plague. I'm sorry if a mink is last on my list."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture