Catherine Bach Under Doctor's Care After Husband Peter Lopez's Death
Actress Catherine Bach has been placed under doctors' care after struggling to come to terms with the tragic death of her husband Peter Lopez. Music attorney Lopez, who spent seven years working for Michael Jackson, was found dead outside the family home in Encino, California last week after paramedics were called to the house following reports of a shooting.
Cops are investigating the case as an "apparent suicide" and his sudden loss has left Bach, known for her role as Daisy Duke on U.S. TV series "The Dukes of Hazzard", in a severe state of shock. Her mother-in-law Eleanor Lopez tells the National Enquirer, "She's like a zombie. She's completely out of it, in a daze. She keeps saying, 'What are we going to do now? Why would Peter do this? Why?' She's under doctor's care and has been given heavy medication, but she just can't accept what's happened. None of us can. My granddaughters can't stop crying. It's a house of grief over there."
Bach, 57, was married to Lopez, 60, for 20 years and the couple shared two girls together - 14-year-old Sophia and 11-year-old Lauren. Lopez was laid to rest in a private ceremony in Santa Monica, California on Thursday, May 6. Bach attended the ceremony alongside her daughters. The actress was comforted by the priest as Lopez's coffin was taken from the church. Olympian Bruce Jenner and his wife Kris also attended the service to pay their respects.
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico