Cher's Daughter Chaz Bono Is Legally a Man
A judge has granted Cher's 'son' Chaz Bono his petition for a sex and name change after completing gender reassignment surgery to become a man. Bono was born to the pop superstar and late singer/actor Sonny Bono as baby girl Chastity Sun Bono, but the 41 year old began hormone therapy in March 2009, and underwent gender reassignment surgery to become a male six months later.
The writer, who came out as a lesbian in 1998, became known to friends and family as Chaz, and filed papers in Los Angeles County Superior Court to have his name legally recognized earlier this year.
Bono appeared in a Santa Monica, California court on Thursday, May 6, where a judge signed off on the gender and name change, reports TMZ.com. According to court documents, Bono's doctor confirms, "Chaz Bono has completed his gender reassignment surgery."
More Cher News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo