Cher's Daughter Chaz Bono Is Legally a Man
A judge has granted Cher's 'son' Chaz Bono his petition for a sex and name change after completing gender reassignment surgery to become a man. Bono was born to the pop superstar and late singer/actor Sonny Bono as baby girl Chastity Sun Bono, but the 41 year old began hormone therapy in March 2009, and underwent gender reassignment surgery to become a male six months later.
The writer, who came out as a lesbian in 1998, became known to friends and family as Chaz, and filed papers in Los Angeles County Superior Court to have his name legally recognized earlier this year.
Bono appeared in a Santa Monica, California court on Thursday, May 6, where a judge signed off on the gender and name change, reports TMZ.com. According to court documents, Bono's doctor confirms, "Chaz Bono has completed his gender reassignment surgery."
More Cher News
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role