Cher's Daughter Chaz Bono Is Legally a Man
A judge has granted Cher's 'son' Chaz Bono his petition for a sex and name change after completing gender reassignment surgery to become a man. Bono was born to the pop superstar and late singer/actor Sonny Bono as baby girl Chastity Sun Bono, but the 41 year old began hormone therapy in March 2009, and underwent gender reassignment surgery to become a male six months later.
The writer, who came out as a lesbian in 1998, became known to friends and family as Chaz, and filed papers in Los Angeles County Superior Court to have his name legally recognized earlier this year.
Bono appeared in a Santa Monica, California court on Thursday, May 6, where a judge signed off on the gender and name change, reports TMZ.com. According to court documents, Bono's doctor confirms, "Chaz Bono has completed his gender reassignment surgery."
More Cher News
- Victoria Beckham to Sing Again for 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday