Cher's Daughter Chaz Bono Is Legally a Man
A judge has granted Cher's 'son' Chaz Bono his petition for a sex and name change after completing gender reassignment surgery to become a man. Bono was born to the pop superstar and late singer/actor Sonny Bono as baby girl Chastity Sun Bono, but the 41 year old began hormone therapy in March 2009, and underwent gender reassignment surgery to become a male six months later.
The writer, who came out as a lesbian in 1998, became known to friends and family as Chaz, and filed papers in Los Angeles County Superior Court to have his name legally recognized earlier this year.
Bono appeared in a Santa Monica, California court on Thursday, May 6, where a judge signed off on the gender and name change, reports TMZ.com. According to court documents, Bono's doctor confirms, "Chaz Bono has completed his gender reassignment surgery."
More Cher News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy