Cher's Daughter Chaz Bono Is Legally a Man
A judge has granted Cher's 'son' Chaz Bono his petition for a sex and name change after completing gender reassignment surgery to become a man. Bono was born to the pop superstar and late singer/actor Sonny Bono as baby girl Chastity Sun Bono, but the 41 year old began hormone therapy in March 2009, and underwent gender reassignment surgery to become a male six months later.
The writer, who came out as a lesbian in 1998, became known to friends and family as Chaz, and filed papers in Los Angeles County Superior Court to have his name legally recognized earlier this year.
Bono appeared in a Santa Monica, California court on Thursday, May 6, where a judge signed off on the gender and name change, reports TMZ.com. According to court documents, Bono's doctor confirms, "Chaz Bono has completed his gender reassignment surgery."
More Cher News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group