Gus Van Sant to Receive Visionary Award
Oscar-nominated director Gus Van Sant will be the toast of the Stockholm Film Festival in Sweden after he was named the recipient of this year's prestigious visionary award. The star has been hailed as one of Hollywood's greatest U.S. filmmakers, with festival director Git Scheynius praising his depiction of America in his movies as "a celebration of film art".
Van Sant, the man behind critically-acclaimed films "Good Will Hunting" and "Milk", will be feted at a ceremony in Stockholm in November, when he will be presented with the award, which is in the shape of a 16-pound bronze horse. Van Sant follows in the footsteps of previous honorees Wes Anderson and Terry Gilliam.
The director is now working on a drama starring Mia Wasikowska called "Restless". A tale of a two young people who share a preoccupation with mortality, the film will be released next year.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie