Gus Van Sant to Receive Visionary Award
Oscar-nominated director Gus Van Sant will be the toast of the Stockholm Film Festival in Sweden after he was named the recipient of this year's prestigious visionary award. The star has been hailed as one of Hollywood's greatest U.S. filmmakers, with festival director Git Scheynius praising his depiction of America in his movies as "a celebration of film art".
Van Sant, the man behind critically-acclaimed films "Good Will Hunting" and "Milk", will be feted at a ceremony in Stockholm in November, when he will be presented with the award, which is in the shape of a 16-pound bronze horse. Van Sant follows in the footsteps of previous honorees Wes Anderson and Terry Gilliam.
The director is now working on a drama starring Mia Wasikowska called "Restless". A tale of a two young people who share a preoccupation with mortality, the film will be released next year.
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius