Gus Van Sant to Receive Visionary Award
Oscar-nominated director Gus Van Sant will be the toast of the Stockholm Film Festival in Sweden after he was named the recipient of this year's prestigious visionary award. The star has been hailed as one of Hollywood's greatest U.S. filmmakers, with festival director Git Scheynius praising his depiction of America in his movies as "a celebration of film art".
Van Sant, the man behind critically-acclaimed films "Good Will Hunting" and "Milk", will be feted at a ceremony in Stockholm in November, when he will be presented with the award, which is in the shape of a 16-pound bronze horse. Van Sant follows in the footsteps of previous honorees Wes Anderson and Terry Gilliam.
The director is now working on a drama starring Mia Wasikowska called "Restless". A tale of a two young people who share a preoccupation with mortality, the film will be released next year.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris