Gus Van Sant to Receive Visionary Award
Oscar-nominated director Gus Van Sant will be the toast of the Stockholm Film Festival in Sweden after he was named the recipient of this year's prestigious visionary award. The star has been hailed as one of Hollywood's greatest U.S. filmmakers, with festival director Git Scheynius praising his depiction of America in his movies as "a celebration of film art".
Van Sant, the man behind critically-acclaimed films "Good Will Hunting" and "Milk", will be feted at a ceremony in Stockholm in November, when he will be presented with the award, which is in the shape of a 16-pound bronze horse. Van Sant follows in the footsteps of previous honorees Wes Anderson and Terry Gilliam.
The director is now working on a drama starring Mia Wasikowska called "Restless". A tale of a two young people who share a preoccupation with mortality, the film will be released next year.
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?