Gus Van Sant to Receive Visionary Award
Oscar-nominated director Gus Van Sant will be the toast of the Stockholm Film Festival in Sweden after he was named the recipient of this year's prestigious visionary award. The star has been hailed as one of Hollywood's greatest U.S. filmmakers, with festival director Git Scheynius praising his depiction of America in his movies as "a celebration of film art".
Van Sant, the man behind critically-acclaimed films "Good Will Hunting" and "Milk", will be feted at a ceremony in Stockholm in November, when he will be presented with the award, which is in the shape of a 16-pound bronze horse. Van Sant follows in the footsteps of previous honorees Wes Anderson and Terry Gilliam.
The director is now working on a drama starring Mia Wasikowska called "Restless". A tale of a two young people who share a preoccupation with mortality, the film will be released next year.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier