Eminem Is Named Best Selling Artist of the Decade
Rap superstar Eminem has a prestigious new plaque to add to his collection of awards after picking up his honor as America's best-selling artist of the decade. The "Without Me" hitmaker, real name Marshall Mathers, was crowned the king of the charts by officials at Nielsen SoundScan, the company which compiles the Billboard countdowns, in December after selling more than 32 million albums in his career to date.
Eminem was presented with a special plaque commemorating his achievements this week when he was joined by mentor Dr. Dre, Interscope Records boss Jimmy Iovine, manager Paul Rosenberg and Nielsen SoundScan executives Eric Weinberg and Chris Muratore for the U.S. Ceremony.
The hip-hop star will add to his popular back catalogue this June when he releases his seventh studio album, titled "Recovery". The first single is called "Not Afraid" and the music video would be released soon.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation