Quentin Tarantino Tapped to Lead Jury of Venice Film Festival
Quentin Tarantino will head the jury of September's Venice Film Festival in Italy. The "Pulp Fiction" director will lead a selected panel of industry experts to choose the festival's honorees, including the coveted Golden Lion trophy, which is often seen as a key indicator of a movie's potential at other prizegiving ceremonies.
Tarantino, whose films have won him a string of honors including an Academy Award, a Golden Globe and the Cannes Film Festival's revered Palme d'Or, has been hailed as "one of the major creative figures in contemporary cinema" by festival organizers. A spokesperson for the event says, "(Tarantino is) perhaps the only American hauteur to be adored worldwide like a rock star."
Last year's jury was helmed by "Brokeback Mountain" moviemaker Ang Lee.
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans