Dad Backs Off From Seeking Conservatorship Over Lindsay Lohan
Michael Lohan has reportedly halted his bid to gain legal conservatorship over his daughter Lindsay Lohan's affairs - while the pair's lawyers try to resolve the case away from court. Last month, Michael went public with his plans to ask a judge to place Lindsay under a conservatorship, but agreed to drop his application if the "Mean Girls" actress meets with him for a serious discussion about her problems.
Lohan rejected her dad's request and failed to meet up on Wednesday, May 5, but now her father is planning to temporarily hold off on taking legal action, reports TMZ.com. The website claims Michael Lohan's lawyer, Lisa Bloom, had a lengthy telephone conversation with Lindsay's legal representative, Shawn Chapman Holley, on Wednesday night, May 5 in an attempt to reach an agreement over their personal issues without the need for a conservatorship request.
The star's father is thought to be holding off on the case until May 20, when Lindsay is due to have a progress hearing over the court-ordered alcohol education classes she is attending. The meetings are part of her probation after she pleaded guilty to two misdemeanour counts of cocaine use and no contest to drink-driving and reckless driving charges following a 2007 arrest.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna