Dad Backs Off From Seeking Conservatorship Over Lindsay Lohan
Michael Lohan has reportedly halted his bid to gain legal conservatorship over his daughter Lindsay Lohan's affairs - while the pair's lawyers try to resolve the case away from court. Last month, Michael went public with his plans to ask a judge to place Lindsay under a conservatorship, but agreed to drop his application if the "Mean Girls" actress meets with him for a serious discussion about her problems.
Lohan rejected her dad's request and failed to meet up on Wednesday, May 5, but now her father is planning to temporarily hold off on taking legal action, reports TMZ.com. The website claims Michael Lohan's lawyer, Lisa Bloom, had a lengthy telephone conversation with Lindsay's legal representative, Shawn Chapman Holley, on Wednesday night, May 5 in an attempt to reach an agreement over their personal issues without the need for a conservatorship request.
The star's father is thought to be holding off on the case until May 20, when Lindsay is due to have a progress hearing over the court-ordered alcohol education classes she is attending. The meetings are part of her probation after she pleaded guilty to two misdemeanour counts of cocaine use and no contest to drink-driving and reckless driving charges following a 2007 arrest.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher