Dad Backs Off From Seeking Conservatorship Over Lindsay Lohan
Michael Lohan has reportedly halted his bid to gain legal conservatorship over his daughter Lindsay Lohan's affairs - while the pair's lawyers try to resolve the case away from court. Last month, Michael went public with his plans to ask a judge to place Lindsay under a conservatorship, but agreed to drop his application if the "Mean Girls" actress meets with him for a serious discussion about her problems.
Lohan rejected her dad's request and failed to meet up on Wednesday, May 5, but now her father is planning to temporarily hold off on taking legal action, reports TMZ.com. The website claims Michael Lohan's lawyer, Lisa Bloom, had a lengthy telephone conversation with Lindsay's legal representative, Shawn Chapman Holley, on Wednesday night, May 5 in an attempt to reach an agreement over their personal issues without the need for a conservatorship request.
The star's father is thought to be holding off on the case until May 20, when Lindsay is due to have a progress hearing over the court-ordered alcohol education classes she is attending. The meetings are part of her probation after she pleaded guilty to two misdemeanour counts of cocaine use and no contest to drink-driving and reckless driving charges following a 2007 arrest.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors