Emma Watson: The First Week of University Was Awful
"Harry Potter" star Emma Watson hated her first week of university in the U.S. - because she was convinced she didn't fit in. The actress enrolled in Rhode Island's prestigious Brown University in 2009 and admits she worried about being ostracized by her fellow classmates.
She tells Vanity Fair magazine, "(The first week) was just awful. I was like, 'I must be mad. Why am I doing this?' "
"I was scared before I came to Brown that I wasn't going to be allowed to have both (a career and a normal life). People would think that I didn't deserve to have both. (I was afraid they'd think), 'You're famous. You're given free handbags. Why should you deserve to be normal?' "
But the 20 year old soon found her place - and even joined in the college fun by attending a fraternity party. She says, "I felt like I'd walked into an American teen movie. I picked up the red cups. I was like, 'Wow, they really do drink from these.' "
More Emma Watson News
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?
- Report: Taylor Swift Is Pursuing Prince Harry After Tom Hiddleston Split
- Margot Robbie in 'Saturday Night Live' Promo: I'm a Felon
- Watch James Corden and Backstreet Boys' Synchronized Dance for 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)'
- Gal Gadot Flaunts Sexy Body in Skimpy Lingerie in 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Clip
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge