Emma Watson: The First Week of University Was Awful
"Harry Potter" star Emma Watson hated her first week of university in the U.S. - because she was convinced she didn't fit in. The actress enrolled in Rhode Island's prestigious Brown University in 2009 and admits she worried about being ostracized by her fellow classmates.
She tells Vanity Fair magazine, "(The first week) was just awful. I was like, 'I must be mad. Why am I doing this?' "
"I was scared before I came to Brown that I wasn't going to be allowed to have both (a career and a normal life). People would think that I didn't deserve to have both. (I was afraid they'd think), 'You're famous. You're given free handbags. Why should you deserve to be normal?' "
But the 20 year old soon found her place - and even joined in the college fun by attending a fraternity party. She says, "I felt like I'd walked into an American teen movie. I picked up the red cups. I was like, 'Wow, they really do drink from these.' "
More Emma Watson News
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights