Emma Watson: The First Week of University Was Awful
"Harry Potter" star Emma Watson hated her first week of university in the U.S. - because she was convinced she didn't fit in. The actress enrolled in Rhode Island's prestigious Brown University in 2009 and admits she worried about being ostracized by her fellow classmates.
She tells Vanity Fair magazine, "(The first week) was just awful. I was like, 'I must be mad. Why am I doing this?' "
"I was scared before I came to Brown that I wasn't going to be allowed to have both (a career and a normal life). People would think that I didn't deserve to have both. (I was afraid they'd think), 'You're famous. You're given free handbags. Why should you deserve to be normal?' "
But the 20 year old soon found her place - and even joined in the college fun by attending a fraternity party. She says, "I felt like I'd walked into an American teen movie. I picked up the red cups. I was like, 'Wow, they really do drink from these.' "
More Emma Watson News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences