Emma Watson: The First Week of University Was Awful
"Harry Potter" star Emma Watson hated her first week of university in the U.S. - because she was convinced she didn't fit in. The actress enrolled in Rhode Island's prestigious Brown University in 2009 and admits she worried about being ostracized by her fellow classmates.
She tells Vanity Fair magazine, "(The first week) was just awful. I was like, 'I must be mad. Why am I doing this?' "
"I was scared before I came to Brown that I wasn't going to be allowed to have both (a career and a normal life). People would think that I didn't deserve to have both. (I was afraid they'd think), 'You're famous. You're given free handbags. Why should you deserve to be normal?' "
But the 20 year old soon found her place - and even joined in the college fun by attending a fraternity party. She says, "I felt like I'd walked into an American teen movie. I picked up the red cups. I was like, 'Wow, they really do drink from these.' "
More Emma Watson News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers