Emma Watson: The First Week of University Was Awful
"Harry Potter" star Emma Watson hated her first week of university in the U.S. - because she was convinced she didn't fit in. The actress enrolled in Rhode Island's prestigious Brown University in 2009 and admits she worried about being ostracized by her fellow classmates.
She tells Vanity Fair magazine, "(The first week) was just awful. I was like, 'I must be mad. Why am I doing this?' "
"I was scared before I came to Brown that I wasn't going to be allowed to have both (a career and a normal life). People would think that I didn't deserve to have both. (I was afraid they'd think), 'You're famous. You're given free handbags. Why should you deserve to be normal?' "
But the 20 year old soon found her place - and even joined in the college fun by attending a fraternity party. She says, "I felt like I'd walked into an American teen movie. I picked up the red cups. I was like, 'Wow, they really do drink from these.' "
More Emma Watson News
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host