Gucci Mane to Be Freed From Jail Soon
Rapper Gucci Mane walk free from prison next week after serving seven months of his one-year sentence. The troubled hip-hop star, real name Radric Davis, was locked up last November after violating the terms of his probation for a 2005 assault conviction.
But he is counting down his final days at Georgia's Fulton County Jail and will be released next Wednesday, May 12, according to good friend and New York DJ Angie Martinez. However, the rapper's legal problems will be far from over - he and his business partners are currently embroiled in two separate lawsuits over concert no-shows.
The news of his release came as Martinez announced Mane would be part of the line-up for this summer's Hot 97 Summer Jam concert, which takes place in New Jersey on June 6. Other artists also scheduled to perform at the annual event include Usher, Ludacris, Drake and Fabolous.
More Gucci Mane News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent