Gucci Mane to Be Freed From Jail Soon
Rapper Gucci Mane walk free from prison next week after serving seven months of his one-year sentence. The troubled hip-hop star, real name Radric Davis, was locked up last November after violating the terms of his probation for a 2005 assault conviction.
But he is counting down his final days at Georgia's Fulton County Jail and will be released next Wednesday, May 12, according to good friend and New York DJ Angie Martinez. However, the rapper's legal problems will be far from over - he and his business partners are currently embroiled in two separate lawsuits over concert no-shows.
The news of his release came as Martinez announced Mane would be part of the line-up for this summer's Hot 97 Summer Jam concert, which takes place in New Jersey on June 6. Other artists also scheduled to perform at the annual event include Usher, Ludacris, Drake and Fabolous.
More Gucci Mane News
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio