Bret Michaels Talking Marriage After Near Death Experience
Rocker Bret Michaels is contemplating marriage to his longtime girlfriend after surviving a near-fatal brain haemorrhage last month. The Poison frontman, 47, spent days in the intensive care unit at St. Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona after suffering bleeding on the brain, just days after enduring complications following an appendectomy.
He was diagnosed with the life-threatening side-effect of a condition called hyponatremia - a lack of sodium in the body that can lead to seizures. Michaels is now making good progress in his recovery and has since been discharged from hospital. He admits his recent health scares have prompted him to rethink his priorities in life - and family is first and foremost.
He tells People magazine, "As painful as this experience has been, I was given a second chance, right? I don't want to sit around every night worrying this is going to happen again. What I want to do is make a positive bucket list and say, 'I'm just gonna go for it.' There's just so much more I want to do and experience."
"(Getting married), for sure, is something I have never done. Kristi's such a great person. We'll see if that happens. But yes, that may be one of the big things on the list. My first goal is to get back (to) 100 per cent. I want to continue to rock the world, and I want to continue to love my family and be a good father."
Michaels initially dated Kristi Gibson from 1994 to 2005, but they reunited after he failed to find lasting love on VH1 reality TV show "Rock of Love with Bret Michaels". The couple shares two children together, daughters Raine, nine, and Jorja, five.
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit