Sandra Bullock Demands Clint Eastwood's Lawyer for Divorce Case
Sandra Bullock has asked a judge presiding over her divorce proceedings to allow the California lawyer who handled Clint Eastwood's palimony case against ex-partner Sondra Locke to be added to her legal team. The actress walked out on husband Jesse James in March after his infidelities were revealed in the press.
She filed for divorce in Texas on April 23 and is planning to care for the former couple's son Louis, who was adopted in January, on her own. Now new documents obtained by TMZ show Bullock's lawyers have filed a motion asking for Joseph Kibre to become part of her legal team.
In the late 1980s, Kibre negotiated an out-of-court settlement on behalf of Eastwood after his former girlfriend Locke took him to court in a palimony suit asking for $1.3 million (866,000 pound sterling) for the 14 years they had lived together. He reportedly organized a deal for the actress to have a "pay or play" contract with Warner Bros., which would allow her to get paid for film roles even if the movie was canceled.
Locke later filed suit against the studio in 1996, claiming the contract was never fulfilled.
Bullock is also asking for Louisiana-based attorney Edward Howell Crosby to be allowed to join her team - he previously handled the Oscar-winner's tax issues in 2004.
More Sandra Bullock News
- Azealia Banks Unveils 'So Ghetto' Freestyle, RZA Sides With Russell Crowe After Record Deal Canceled
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!