Sandra Bullock Demands Clint Eastwood's Lawyer for Divorce Case
Sandra Bullock has asked a judge presiding over her divorce proceedings to allow the California lawyer who handled Clint Eastwood's palimony case against ex-partner Sondra Locke to be added to her legal team. The actress walked out on husband Jesse James in March after his infidelities were revealed in the press.
She filed for divorce in Texas on April 23 and is planning to care for the former couple's son Louis, who was adopted in January, on her own. Now new documents obtained by TMZ show Bullock's lawyers have filed a motion asking for Joseph Kibre to become part of her legal team.
In the late 1980s, Kibre negotiated an out-of-court settlement on behalf of Eastwood after his former girlfriend Locke took him to court in a palimony suit asking for $1.3 million (866,000 pound sterling) for the 14 years they had lived together. He reportedly organized a deal for the actress to have a "pay or play" contract with Warner Bros., which would allow her to get paid for film roles even if the movie was canceled.
Locke later filed suit against the studio in 1996, claiming the contract was never fulfilled.
Bullock is also asking for Louisiana-based attorney Edward Howell Crosby to be allowed to join her team - he previously handled the Oscar-winner's tax issues in 2004.
More Sandra Bullock News
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung