Sandra Bullock Demands Clint Eastwood's Lawyer for Divorce Case
Sandra Bullock has asked a judge presiding over her divorce proceedings to allow the California lawyer who handled Clint Eastwood's palimony case against ex-partner Sondra Locke to be added to her legal team. The actress walked out on husband Jesse James in March after his infidelities were revealed in the press.
She filed for divorce in Texas on April 23 and is planning to care for the former couple's son Louis, who was adopted in January, on her own. Now new documents obtained by TMZ show Bullock's lawyers have filed a motion asking for Joseph Kibre to become part of her legal team.
In the late 1980s, Kibre negotiated an out-of-court settlement on behalf of Eastwood after his former girlfriend Locke took him to court in a palimony suit asking for $1.3 million (866,000 pound sterling) for the 14 years they had lived together. He reportedly organized a deal for the actress to have a "pay or play" contract with Warner Bros., which would allow her to get paid for film roles even if the movie was canceled.
Locke later filed suit against the studio in 1996, claiming the contract was never fulfilled.
Bullock is also asking for Louisiana-based attorney Edward Howell Crosby to be allowed to join her team - he previously handled the Oscar-winner's tax issues in 2004.
More Sandra Bullock News
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video and Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo