Cheryl Cole to Crack America With Fashion Line
British singer Cheryl Cole is hoping to crack the American market after landing a fashion deal with an exclusive U.S. boutique, according to a U.K. report. The Girls Aloud star is a judge on Simon Cowell's top U.K. talent contest "The X Factor" and is reportedly preparing to take a seat on the panel of the American version of the show when the music mogul takes the format Stateside next year.
And in preparation for her American TV debut, fashionable Los Angeles store Kitson has approached Cole to design her own line exclusively for the company, according to Britain's Daily Star. A source tells the newspaper, "This will be huge for Cheryl. Obviously she's already a big star in the U.K. but she's not a household name in America. This will change everything."
"Kitson is one of the most popular shops in L.A. and is a favourite among celebrities. It's one of the coolest boutiques, so for Cheryl to be offered her own range with her name at the helm is fantastic news. The creators want to use her song title Fight For This Love as the name for the range and are hoping she can design dresses and shoes as well as handbags. They are also wanting her to model the collection herself."
Cole's fellow Brit Victoria Adams' line of jeans was pulled from the shelves of Kitson in 2008, with the store citing poor sales.
More Cheryl Cole News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny