Cheryl Cole to Crack America With Fashion Line
British singer Cheryl Cole is hoping to crack the American market after landing a fashion deal with an exclusive U.S. boutique, according to a U.K. report. The Girls Aloud star is a judge on Simon Cowell's top U.K. talent contest "The X Factor" and is reportedly preparing to take a seat on the panel of the American version of the show when the music mogul takes the format Stateside next year.
And in preparation for her American TV debut, fashionable Los Angeles store Kitson has approached Cole to design her own line exclusively for the company, according to Britain's Daily Star. A source tells the newspaper, "This will be huge for Cheryl. Obviously she's already a big star in the U.K. but she's not a household name in America. This will change everything."
"Kitson is one of the most popular shops in L.A. and is a favourite among celebrities. It's one of the coolest boutiques, so for Cheryl to be offered her own range with her name at the helm is fantastic news. The creators want to use her song title Fight For This Love as the name for the range and are hoping she can design dresses and shoes as well as handbags. They are also wanting her to model the collection herself."
Cole's fellow Brit Victoria Adams' line of jeans was pulled from the shelves of Kitson in 2008, with the store citing poor sales.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2