Florence and the Machine Lead 2010 Mojo Nominations
British bands Florence and the Machine and Kasabian will battle it out to be crowned Best Live Act at the 2010 Mojo Honors List awards. Singer Florence Welch and her backing band will also go head to head with Kasabian for the Best Album and Song of the Year trophies at the prizegiving, voted for by the readers of U.K. magazine Mojo.
Welch has also been shortlisted in the Breakthrough Act category, while rockers Arctic Monkeys have also scored a pair of nominations. Veteran rockers Hawkwind will take home the 2010 Mojo Maverick Award at the ceremony, to be held in London on June 10.
"As the list of previous winners ably roves, the Mojo Maverick award is reserved for those that have cut across genres, shattered taboos, and that have made music on their own terms," Mojo's editor-in-chief Phil Alexander commented. "In their rich, eventful and illustrious career Hawkwind have done all these things and quite a lot more."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences