Florence and the Machine Lead 2010 Mojo Nominations
British bands Florence and the Machine and Kasabian will battle it out to be crowned Best Live Act at the 2010 Mojo Honors List awards. Singer Florence Welch and her backing band will also go head to head with Kasabian for the Best Album and Song of the Year trophies at the prizegiving, voted for by the readers of U.K. magazine Mojo.
Welch has also been shortlisted in the Breakthrough Act category, while rockers Arctic Monkeys have also scored a pair of nominations. Veteran rockers Hawkwind will take home the 2010 Mojo Maverick Award at the ceremony, to be held in London on June 10.
"As the list of previous winners ably roves, the Mojo Maverick award is reserved for those that have cut across genres, shattered taboos, and that have made music on their own terms," Mojo's editor-in-chief Phil Alexander commented. "In their rich, eventful and illustrious career Hawkwind have done all these things and quite a lot more."
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die