Florence and the Machine Lead 2010 Mojo Nominations
British bands Florence and the Machine and Kasabian will battle it out to be crowned Best Live Act at the 2010 Mojo Honors List awards. Singer Florence Welch and her backing band will also go head to head with Kasabian for the Best Album and Song of the Year trophies at the prizegiving, voted for by the readers of U.K. magazine Mojo.
Welch has also been shortlisted in the Breakthrough Act category, while rockers Arctic Monkeys have also scored a pair of nominations. Veteran rockers Hawkwind will take home the 2010 Mojo Maverick Award at the ceremony, to be held in London on June 10.
"As the list of previous winners ably roves, the Mojo Maverick award is reserved for those that have cut across genres, shattered taboos, and that have made music on their own terms," Mojo's editor-in-chief Phil Alexander commented. "In their rich, eventful and illustrious career Hawkwind have done all these things and quite a lot more."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked