Florence and the Machine Lead 2010 Mojo Nominations
British bands Florence and the Machine and Kasabian will battle it out to be crowned Best Live Act at the 2010 Mojo Honors List awards. Singer Florence Welch and her backing band will also go head to head with Kasabian for the Best Album and Song of the Year trophies at the prizegiving, voted for by the readers of U.K. magazine Mojo.
Welch has also been shortlisted in the Breakthrough Act category, while rockers Arctic Monkeys have also scored a pair of nominations. Veteran rockers Hawkwind will take home the 2010 Mojo Maverick Award at the ceremony, to be held in London on June 10.
"As the list of previous winners ably roves, the Mojo Maverick award is reserved for those that have cut across genres, shattered taboos, and that have made music on their own terms," Mojo's editor-in-chief Phil Alexander commented. "In their rich, eventful and illustrious career Hawkwind have done all these things and quite a lot more."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent