Gucci Mane Fires Manager, Forming New Record Label
Incarcerated rapper Gucci Mane has fired his management team and promoters - just days after he was hit with a lawsuit for allegedly failing to perform two concerts last year. The hip-hop star's business partners are in the middle of a legal battle after they allegedly booked the star to perform at live shows - even though they reportedly knew his parole restrictions would prevent the gigs from taking place.
Gucci Mane, real name Radric Davis, and two of his representatives were named in another suit last week , which alleged the trio accepted cash deposits for two shows he failed to perform at last summer. Legal restrictions stemming from a 2005 felony assault prevented the rap star from leaving his home in Georgia at the time.
The latest suit appears to have been the final straw for Gucci Mane, who has parted ways with management company, Mizay Entertainment, and booking agency, Hitt Afta Hitt Enterprises, according to AllHipHop.com.
Gucci Mane has hired new representation and he has also launched new record label imprint 1017 Brick Squad Records Inc. from behind bars - and he's confident his new ventures will be successful. He says, "The rest of 2010 is going to be real major. I'm taking control of all of my business properties and keeping the focus on my career, my music and my artists. All the pieces to the puzzle are finally in place and once I get home, it's Gucci time."
More Gucci Mane News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent