Heaven and Hell Scrap Tour as Ronnie James Dio Battles Cancer
Ronnie James Dio's ongoing cancer battle has wrecked rock supergroup Heaven and Hell's summer tour plans - the group has scrapped all commitments for the foreseeable future to allow the former Dio star to concentrate of his health crisis.
Dio was diagnosed with stomach cancer late last year and recently revealed he is finding it difficult to eat. And now it appears his hopes of being fit enough for the band's extensive summer tour have been dashed.
A statement from the group reads, "We have to announce that all forthcoming Heaven & Hell European shows have been cancelled as sadly Ronnie isn't well enough to tour. We hope that everyone understands and want to thank fans and industry colleagues for their continuing support at this time."
- Fragile Yoko Ono Is Hoping to See John Lennon in Heaven
- Beyhive Is on the Hunt for Beyonce's Secret Snapchat Account
- Lionel Richie Puts 'All the Hits Tour' on Hold Due to Knee Surgery
- Did Justin Bieber Just Hint That He's Dating Someone on Twitter?
- Perrie Edwards Sparks Pregnancy Speculation With Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?