Moby Forms a New Heavy Metal Band
Dance music star Moby has announced plans to hit the road with a heavy metal band. The "Porcelain" hitmaker has formed a new group, called Diamondsnake, with three pals, and he has released the tracks "What the World Needs Now Is Rock", "We Wanna Love You" and "Rock and Raw" on websites Facebook and MySpace.com.
A statement from Moby reads, "Combining such disparate influences as rock, hard rock, metal, and heavy metal, New York City's Diamondsnake was borne out of a shared love for entering a small, dark, and musty room, plugging into a few amps, and playing as loud as possible for a seriously long time."
Diamondsnake is set to make its concert debut on June 17 at New York City's Highline Ballroom.
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week