Moby Forms a New Heavy Metal Band
Dance music star Moby has announced plans to hit the road with a heavy metal band. The "Porcelain" hitmaker has formed a new group, called Diamondsnake, with three pals, and he has released the tracks "What the World Needs Now Is Rock", "We Wanna Love You" and "Rock and Raw" on websites Facebook and MySpace.com.
A statement from Moby reads, "Combining such disparate influences as rock, hard rock, metal, and heavy metal, New York City's Diamondsnake was borne out of a shared love for entering a small, dark, and musty room, plugging into a few amps, and playing as loud as possible for a seriously long time."
Diamondsnake is set to make its concert debut on June 17 at New York City's Highline Ballroom.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences