Moby Forms a New Heavy Metal Band
Dance music star Moby has announced plans to hit the road with a heavy metal band. The "Porcelain" hitmaker has formed a new group, called Diamondsnake, with three pals, and he has released the tracks "What the World Needs Now Is Rock", "We Wanna Love You" and "Rock and Raw" on websites Facebook and MySpace.com.
A statement from Moby reads, "Combining such disparate influences as rock, hard rock, metal, and heavy metal, New York City's Diamondsnake was borne out of a shared love for entering a small, dark, and musty room, plugging into a few amps, and playing as loud as possible for a seriously long time."
Diamondsnake is set to make its concert debut on June 17 at New York City's Highline Ballroom.
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!