Moby Forms a New Heavy Metal Band
Dance music star Moby has announced plans to hit the road with a heavy metal band. The "Porcelain" hitmaker has formed a new group, called Diamondsnake, with three pals, and he has released the tracks "What the World Needs Now Is Rock", "We Wanna Love You" and "Rock and Raw" on websites Facebook and MySpace.com.
A statement from Moby reads, "Combining such disparate influences as rock, hard rock, metal, and heavy metal, New York City's Diamondsnake was borne out of a shared love for entering a small, dark, and musty room, plugging into a few amps, and playing as loud as possible for a seriously long time."
Diamondsnake is set to make its concert debut on June 17 at New York City's Highline Ballroom.
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville