Janet Jackson Snubbed by LCD Soundsystem's Frontman
LCD Soundsystem frontman James Murphy snubbed Janet Jackson when she asked him to write a "funky and dirty" track for her. The rocker was approached by the "Nasty" singer after she was impressed with the band's debut single, "Losing My Edge".
Jackson asked Murphy to help boost her chart hopes by creating a tailor-made song for her - but he ignored the request. Murphy tells Uncut magazine, "I got a phone message from Janet Jackson saying. 'Hi, I love Losing My Edge, can you do me something funky and dirty like that?' I can't really do off-the-peg stuff, so I never called back. It's not a problem. I'll always find a way to make a living."
Janet Jackson is taking a hiatus from working on a new album. She said back in March, "There was a time where I was actually in the studio and I was recording, but I'm not working on an album. There have been a lot of record labels that have asked me to sit down and talk with them, but I don't know if I want to do something completely independent, or go with a major."
More Janet Jackson News
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M