Janet Jackson Snubbed by LCD Soundsystem's Frontman
LCD Soundsystem frontman James Murphy snubbed Janet Jackson when she asked him to write a "funky and dirty" track for her. The rocker was approached by the "Nasty" singer after she was impressed with the band's debut single, "Losing My Edge".
Jackson asked Murphy to help boost her chart hopes by creating a tailor-made song for her - but he ignored the request. Murphy tells Uncut magazine, "I got a phone message from Janet Jackson saying. 'Hi, I love Losing My Edge, can you do me something funky and dirty like that?' I can't really do off-the-peg stuff, so I never called back. It's not a problem. I'll always find a way to make a living."
Janet Jackson is taking a hiatus from working on a new album. She said back in March, "There was a time where I was actually in the studio and I was recording, but I'm not working on an album. There have been a lot of record labels that have asked me to sit down and talk with them, but I don't know if I want to do something completely independent, or go with a major."
More Janet Jackson News
- Justin Bieber Shares His Old Mugshot, Reflects on His Troubled Past
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her