Janet Jackson Snubbed by LCD Soundsystem's Frontman
LCD Soundsystem frontman James Murphy snubbed Janet Jackson when she asked him to write a "funky and dirty" track for her. The rocker was approached by the "Nasty" singer after she was impressed with the band's debut single, "Losing My Edge".
Jackson asked Murphy to help boost her chart hopes by creating a tailor-made song for her - but he ignored the request. Murphy tells Uncut magazine, "I got a phone message from Janet Jackson saying. 'Hi, I love Losing My Edge, can you do me something funky and dirty like that?' I can't really do off-the-peg stuff, so I never called back. It's not a problem. I'll always find a way to make a living."
Janet Jackson is taking a hiatus from working on a new album. She said back in March, "There was a time where I was actually in the studio and I was recording, but I'm not working on an album. There have been a lot of record labels that have asked me to sit down and talk with them, but I don't know if I want to do something completely independent, or go with a major."
More Janet Jackson News
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory