Janet Jackson Snubbed by LCD Soundsystem's Frontman
LCD Soundsystem frontman James Murphy snubbed Janet Jackson when she asked him to write a "funky and dirty" track for her. The rocker was approached by the "Nasty" singer after she was impressed with the band's debut single, "Losing My Edge".
Jackson asked Murphy to help boost her chart hopes by creating a tailor-made song for her - but he ignored the request. Murphy tells Uncut magazine, "I got a phone message from Janet Jackson saying. 'Hi, I love Losing My Edge, can you do me something funky and dirty like that?' I can't really do off-the-peg stuff, so I never called back. It's not a problem. I'll always find a way to make a living."
Janet Jackson is taking a hiatus from working on a new album. She said back in March, "There was a time where I was actually in the studio and I was recording, but I'm not working on an album. There have been a lot of record labels that have asked me to sit down and talk with them, but I don't know if I want to do something completely independent, or go with a major."
More Janet Jackson News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?