Kylie Minogue Works to Bring Her Songs to Theater
Australian superstar Kylie Minogue is to follow in the footsteps of ABBA, Queen and the Spice Girls by turning her hits into a showstopping musical. ABBA's iconic tracks were transformed into hugely popular stageshow "Mamma Mia!", which was later adapted for the big screen with Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried in the starring roles.
The music of Queen became "We Will Rock You", and the Spice Girls' former manager Simon Fuller confirmed earlier this year work has began on a musical telling the story of the girlgroup's rise to fame. Now Minogue, who has enjoyed a career spanning three decades, is planning to take her own songs to the theatre - she's teaming up with stylist-turned-West End art director William Baker to create a musical.
She tells Elle magazine, "Yes, William Baker and I are working on getting the story written. I'm comfortable because it's not my life story; it's about the interpretation of my music."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'