Kylie Minogue Works to Bring Her Songs to Theater
Australian superstar Kylie Minogue is to follow in the footsteps of ABBA, Queen and the Spice Girls by turning her hits into a showstopping musical. ABBA's iconic tracks were transformed into hugely popular stageshow "Mamma Mia!", which was later adapted for the big screen with Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried in the starring roles.
The music of Queen became "We Will Rock You", and the Spice Girls' former manager Simon Fuller confirmed earlier this year work has began on a musical telling the story of the girlgroup's rise to fame. Now Minogue, who has enjoyed a career spanning three decades, is planning to take her own songs to the theatre - she's teaming up with stylist-turned-West End art director William Baker to create a musical.
She tells Elle magazine, "Yes, William Baker and I are working on getting the story written. I'm comfortable because it's not my life story; it's about the interpretation of my music."
- Officially Back On? Kylie Jenner Tags Tyga on Her Booty In This Instagram Photo
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?