Kylie Minogue Works to Bring Her Songs to Theater
Australian superstar Kylie Minogue is to follow in the footsteps of ABBA, Queen and the Spice Girls by turning her hits into a showstopping musical. ABBA's iconic tracks were transformed into hugely popular stageshow "Mamma Mia!", which was later adapted for the big screen with Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried in the starring roles.
The music of Queen became "We Will Rock You", and the Spice Girls' former manager Simon Fuller confirmed earlier this year work has began on a musical telling the story of the girlgroup's rise to fame. Now Minogue, who has enjoyed a career spanning three decades, is planning to take her own songs to the theatre - she's teaming up with stylist-turned-West End art director William Baker to create a musical.
She tells Elle magazine, "Yes, William Baker and I are working on getting the story written. I'm comfortable because it's not my life story; it's about the interpretation of my music."
More Kylie Minogue News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns