Kylie Minogue Works to Bring Her Songs to Theater
Australian superstar Kylie Minogue is to follow in the footsteps of ABBA, Queen and the Spice Girls by turning her hits into a showstopping musical. ABBA's iconic tracks were transformed into hugely popular stageshow "Mamma Mia!", which was later adapted for the big screen with Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried in the starring roles.
The music of Queen became "We Will Rock You", and the Spice Girls' former manager Simon Fuller confirmed earlier this year work has began on a musical telling the story of the girlgroup's rise to fame. Now Minogue, who has enjoyed a career spanning three decades, is planning to take her own songs to the theatre - she's teaming up with stylist-turned-West End art director William Baker to create a musical.
She tells Elle magazine, "Yes, William Baker and I are working on getting the story written. I'm comfortable because it's not my life story; it's about the interpretation of my music."
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto