Kylie Minogue Works to Bring Her Songs to Theater
Australian superstar Kylie Minogue is to follow in the footsteps of ABBA, Queen and the Spice Girls by turning her hits into a showstopping musical. ABBA's iconic tracks were transformed into hugely popular stageshow "Mamma Mia!", which was later adapted for the big screen with Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried in the starring roles.
The music of Queen became "We Will Rock You", and the Spice Girls' former manager Simon Fuller confirmed earlier this year work has began on a musical telling the story of the girlgroup's rise to fame. Now Minogue, who has enjoyed a career spanning three decades, is planning to take her own songs to the theatre - she's teaming up with stylist-turned-West End art director William Baker to create a musical.
She tells Elle magazine, "Yes, William Baker and I are working on getting the story written. I'm comfortable because it's not my life story; it's about the interpretation of my music."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie