Russell Brand: Sex Scene With Katy Perry Is 'Awkward' and 'Cheesy'
Russell Brand has confirmed a passionate scene with fiancee Katy Perry has been scrapped from his upcoming movie "Get Him to the Greek" - because it would have been too "cheesy" for viewers. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker filmed a cameo in the comedy before she officially began dating the funnyman in September 2009 - but their on-screen clinch has been cut from the final project.
But Brand, who proposed to Perry on New Year's Eve 2009 in India, insists it is for the best they don't share their romance with millions of movie fans. He tells MTV.com, "I've not asked (what happened to the scene) because its slightly awkward, nor have I told her. I think it might be because it would seem kind of cheesy to have her and I in the movie together."
Russell Brand plays alongside Jonah Hill in "Get Him to the Greek". Joining them on the cast ensemble are Rose Byrne, Elisabeth Moss and P. Diddy. This comedy which is directed by "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" helmer Nicholas Stoller will entertain audience in the U.S. starting June 4.
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney