Russell Brand: Sex Scene With Katy Perry Is 'Awkward' and 'Cheesy'
Russell Brand has confirmed a passionate scene with fiancee Katy Perry has been scrapped from his upcoming movie "Get Him to the Greek" - because it would have been too "cheesy" for viewers. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker filmed a cameo in the comedy before she officially began dating the funnyman in September 2009 - but their on-screen clinch has been cut from the final project.
But Brand, who proposed to Perry on New Year's Eve 2009 in India, insists it is for the best they don't share their romance with millions of movie fans. He tells MTV.com, "I've not asked (what happened to the scene) because its slightly awkward, nor have I told her. I think it might be because it would seem kind of cheesy to have her and I in the movie together."
Russell Brand plays alongside Jonah Hill in "Get Him to the Greek". Joining them on the cast ensemble are Rose Byrne, Elisabeth Moss and P. Diddy. This comedy which is directed by "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" helmer Nicholas Stoller will entertain audience in the U.S. starting June 4.
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene
- 'Riverdale' Season 2 May Introduce Toni Topaz
- Emily Blunt, Zoe Saldana and More Are Ponies and Manes in First Full Trailer for 'My Little Pony'
- Watch Steve Aoki, DVBBS and 2 Chainz's Futuristic Video for 'Without U'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- 'This Is Us' Ups Two Actors to Series Regulars for Season 2
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding