Russell Brand: Sex Scene With Katy Perry Is 'Awkward' and 'Cheesy'
Russell Brand has confirmed a passionate scene with fiancee Katy Perry has been scrapped from his upcoming movie "Get Him to the Greek" - because it would have been too "cheesy" for viewers. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker filmed a cameo in the comedy before she officially began dating the funnyman in September 2009 - but their on-screen clinch has been cut from the final project.
But Brand, who proposed to Perry on New Year's Eve 2009 in India, insists it is for the best they don't share their romance with millions of movie fans. He tells MTV.com, "I've not asked (what happened to the scene) because its slightly awkward, nor have I told her. I think it might be because it would seem kind of cheesy to have her and I in the movie together."
Russell Brand plays alongside Jonah Hill in "Get Him to the Greek". Joining them on the cast ensemble are Rose Byrne, Elisabeth Moss and P. Diddy. This comedy which is directed by "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" helmer Nicholas Stoller will entertain audience in the U.S. starting June 4.
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher