Russell Brand: Sex Scene With Katy Perry Is 'Awkward' and 'Cheesy'
Russell Brand has confirmed a passionate scene with fiancee Katy Perry has been scrapped from his upcoming movie "Get Him to the Greek" - because it would have been too "cheesy" for viewers. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker filmed a cameo in the comedy before she officially began dating the funnyman in September 2009 - but their on-screen clinch has been cut from the final project.
But Brand, who proposed to Perry on New Year's Eve 2009 in India, insists it is for the best they don't share their romance with millions of movie fans. He tells MTV.com, "I've not asked (what happened to the scene) because its slightly awkward, nor have I told her. I think it might be because it would seem kind of cheesy to have her and I in the movie together."
Russell Brand plays alongside Jonah Hill in "Get Him to the Greek". Joining them on the cast ensemble are Rose Byrne, Elisabeth Moss and P. Diddy. This comedy which is directed by "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" helmer Nicholas Stoller will entertain audience in the U.S. starting June 4.
More Russell Brand News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'