Madonna: I Have No Time to Make New Music
Madonna is so focused on planning her upcoming movie "W.E.", she's abandoned her music career - because she doesn't have the "time or energy" to sing. The pop superstar is preparing to direct the drama she's co-written when shooting begins this summer and admits her latest project has completely "consumed" her working life.
She tells Interview magazine, "I've been writing it for the last two and a half years, to tell you the truth. It's been kind of an obsession of mine. I started writing it when I finished filming (2008 directorial debut) 'Filth and Wisdom'. It was actually an idea I had before that, but I made 'Filth and Wisdom' because I realized that I didn't really have a right to make a bigger film until I made a smaller film - and learned how to make a film."
And Madonna insists she is so busy with the film, she has no time to make any new music, adding, "I don't have a record deal right now with anybody. I don't know how I'm going to get my music out the next time I make a record. I'm going to have to reinvent the wheel. I haven't really been focused as much as I should be on the music part of my career, because this movie has just consumed every inch of me."
"Between that and my four children, I don't have the time or the energy for anything else. For example, I do appreciate that lots of people worked long and hard putting together things like the DVD of the Sticky & Sweet Tour that we just released, and I have seen the finished product, but I have got no idea how people are going to find out about it or how it's going to be sold."
More Madonna News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal