Madonna: I Have No Time to Make New Music
Madonna is so focused on planning her upcoming movie "W.E.", she's abandoned her music career - because she doesn't have the "time or energy" to sing. The pop superstar is preparing to direct the drama she's co-written when shooting begins this summer and admits her latest project has completely "consumed" her working life.
She tells Interview magazine, "I've been writing it for the last two and a half years, to tell you the truth. It's been kind of an obsession of mine. I started writing it when I finished filming (2008 directorial debut) 'Filth and Wisdom'. It was actually an idea I had before that, but I made 'Filth and Wisdom' because I realized that I didn't really have a right to make a bigger film until I made a smaller film - and learned how to make a film."
And Madonna insists she is so busy with the film, she has no time to make any new music, adding, "I don't have a record deal right now with anybody. I don't know how I'm going to get my music out the next time I make a record. I'm going to have to reinvent the wheel. I haven't really been focused as much as I should be on the music part of my career, because this movie has just consumed every inch of me."
"Between that and my four children, I don't have the time or the energy for anything else. For example, I do appreciate that lots of people worked long and hard putting together things like the DVD of the Sticky & Sweet Tour that we just released, and I have seen the finished product, but I have got no idea how people are going to find out about it or how it's going to be sold."
More Madonna News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen