Lynn Redgrave Remembered by Ex-Husband John Clark
Actor John Clark is leading the tributes to his ex-wife Lynn Redgrave, who lost her battle with cancer at the age of 67. The "Georgy Girl" star passed away at her New York home on Sunday, May 2, marking another blow to the Redgrave acting dynasty - her brother Corin Redgrave died last month, while her niece Natasha Richardson lost her life following a skiing accident last year.
Now actor/director Clark has paid tribute to the actress, who he wed in 1967. He says, "I hope she finds peace where she is. She's back in the bosom of her family now and may she rest in peace."
The couple became parents to three children, Benjamin, Pema and Annabel, before they divorced in 2000. A statement from the grieving siblings reads, "Our beloved mother Lynn passed away peacefully after a seven-year journey with breast cancer. She lived, loved and worked harder than ever before. The endless memories she created as a mother, grandmother, writer, actor and friend will sustain us for the rest of our lives."
Meanwhile director Michael Winner, who cast Redgrave in one of her first films, called the star "a joy" to work with. He says, "This is terrible news. I've known her for more than 50 years. She was a phenomenal actress - she could do comedy, tragedy, anything really - with absolute ease."
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death