Shakira Is Most Popular Latin Artist
Colombian pop star Shakira is the most popular Latin musician in the world, according to a new survey. The hip-shaking beauty currently tops download charts in more than 35 countries and leads a list of the most successful Latin American stars, compiled by Nokia's Ovi Music.
Trailing Shakira in the survey - based on global downloads - are Thalia, Chayanne and Mariah Carey's ex Luis Miguel.
On another news, Shakira has announced the first three dates of her North America tour. It will hit New York's Madison Square Garden September 21, Houston's Toyota Center October 8 and L.A.'s Staples Center October 23. Tickets go on sale to the public May 7, with a fan club pre-sale starting May 3 and a presale for Citi cardholders the next day. Ticket prices range from $9.50 to $149.50.
The top ten is as follows:
- Alejandro Fernandez
- Luis Miguel
- Legiao Urban
- Vicente Fernandez
- Jose Jose
- Pedro Fernandez
More Shakira News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season