Shakira Is Most Popular Latin Artist
Colombian pop star Shakira is the most popular Latin musician in the world, according to a new survey. The hip-shaking beauty currently tops download charts in more than 35 countries and leads a list of the most successful Latin American stars, compiled by Nokia's Ovi Music.
Trailing Shakira in the survey - based on global downloads - are Thalia, Chayanne and Mariah Carey's ex Luis Miguel.
On another news, Shakira has announced the first three dates of her North America tour. It will hit New York's Madison Square Garden September 21, Houston's Toyota Center October 8 and L.A.'s Staples Center October 23. Tickets go on sale to the public May 7, with a fan club pre-sale starting May 3 and a presale for Citi cardholders the next day. Ticket prices range from $9.50 to $149.50.
The top ten is as follows:
- Alejandro Fernandez
- Luis Miguel
- Legiao Urban
- Vicente Fernandez
- Jose Jose
- Pedro Fernandez
More Shakira News
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2