Shakira Is Most Popular Latin Artist
Colombian pop star Shakira is the most popular Latin musician in the world, according to a new survey. The hip-shaking beauty currently tops download charts in more than 35 countries and leads a list of the most successful Latin American stars, compiled by Nokia's Ovi Music.
Trailing Shakira in the survey - based on global downloads - are Thalia, Chayanne and Mariah Carey's ex Luis Miguel.
On another news, Shakira has announced the first three dates of her North America tour. It will hit New York's Madison Square Garden September 21, Houston's Toyota Center October 8 and L.A.'s Staples Center October 23. Tickets go on sale to the public May 7, with a fan club pre-sale starting May 3 and a presale for Citi cardholders the next day. Ticket prices range from $9.50 to $149.50.
The top ten is as follows:
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now