Shakira Is Most Popular Latin Artist
Colombian pop star Shakira is the most popular Latin musician in the world, according to a new survey. The hip-shaking beauty currently tops download charts in more than 35 countries and leads a list of the most successful Latin American stars, compiled by Nokia's Ovi Music.
Trailing Shakira in the survey - based on global downloads - are Thalia, Chayanne and Mariah Carey's ex Luis Miguel.
On another news, Shakira has announced the first three dates of her North America tour. It will hit New York's Madison Square Garden September 21, Houston's Toyota Center October 8 and L.A.'s Staples Center October 23. Tickets go on sale to the public May 7, with a fan club pre-sale starting May 3 and a presale for Citi cardholders the next day. Ticket prices range from $9.50 to $149.50.
The top ten is as follows:
- Alejandro Fernandez
- Luis Miguel
- Legiao Urban
- Vicente Fernandez
- Jose Jose
- Pedro Fernandez
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour