Shakira Is Most Popular Latin Artist
Colombian pop star Shakira is the most popular Latin musician in the world, according to a new survey. The hip-shaking beauty currently tops download charts in more than 35 countries and leads a list of the most successful Latin American stars, compiled by Nokia's Ovi Music.
Trailing Shakira in the survey - based on global downloads - are Thalia, Chayanne and Mariah Carey's ex Luis Miguel.
On another news, Shakira has announced the first three dates of her North America tour. It will hit New York's Madison Square Garden September 21, Houston's Toyota Center October 8 and L.A.'s Staples Center October 23. Tickets go on sale to the public May 7, with a fan club pre-sale starting May 3 and a presale for Citi cardholders the next day. Ticket prices range from $9.50 to $149.50.
The top ten is as follows:
- Alejandro Fernandez
- Luis Miguel
- Legiao Urban
- Vicente Fernandez
- Jose Jose
- Pedro Fernandez
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs