Phil Collins Considers to Quit Music
Phil Collins has warned he will stop releasing albums - because he's tired of critics attacking his music. The former Genesis star had to stop playing his beloved drums in 2009 because years of beatmaking had left him with agonizing back pain.
He is preparing to return to the spotlight with a new album of Motown classics, but insists he may retire from the public eye altogether - to stop industry experts criticizing his records. He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "All my life I've put out music and people have criticized it. Why keep doing that? I don't need the money. In the future I think I'll write songs in my basement and never play for anybody."
Phil Collins was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame with his Genesis bandmates in early March.
More Phil Collins News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby