Phil Collins Considers to Quit Music
Phil Collins has warned he will stop releasing albums - because he's tired of critics attacking his music. The former Genesis star had to stop playing his beloved drums in 2009 because years of beatmaking had left him with agonizing back pain.
He is preparing to return to the spotlight with a new album of Motown classics, but insists he may retire from the public eye altogether - to stop industry experts criticizing his records. He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "All my life I've put out music and people have criticized it. Why keep doing that? I don't need the money. In the future I think I'll write songs in my basement and never play for anybody."
Phil Collins was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame with his Genesis bandmates in early March.
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses