Phil Collins Considers to Quit Music
Phil Collins has warned he will stop releasing albums - because he's tired of critics attacking his music. The former Genesis star had to stop playing his beloved drums in 2009 because years of beatmaking had left him with agonizing back pain.
He is preparing to return to the spotlight with a new album of Motown classics, but insists he may retire from the public eye altogether - to stop industry experts criticizing his records. He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "All my life I've put out music and people have criticized it. Why keep doing that? I don't need the money. In the future I think I'll write songs in my basement and never play for anybody."
Phil Collins was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame with his Genesis bandmates in early March.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris