Dierks Bentley and Alison Krauss Called Off Concert Due to Flood Chaos
Country stars Dierks Bentley and Alison Krauss both canceled gigs in Tennessee over the weekend after severe flooding in the state caused power cuts and road closures. The region has been battered by thunderstorms over the last few days, and the heavy rain has played havoc with local electrical grids, leaving many areas without power. Roads were also cordoned off as the water levels rose.
And the chaos prevented Bentley from traveling to two shows - he canceled a gig in Knoxville, Tennessee on Sunday, May 2 and a stop in Charlottesville, Virginia on Monday, May 3. He explained the decision to ax the gigs in a statement, which reads, "For the safety of my band, crew and their families back here in Nashville, we are parking the buses and not going to try and attempt the trip east to Knoxville and Charlottesville. As much as we'd love to be playing music tonight, it feels like the right thing to do."
Krauss was due to perform with her band, Union Station, at the Beale Street Music Festival in Memphis, Tennessee on Sunday, May 2, but pulled out of her slot after flooding closed many of the main highways. Singer/songwriter John Hiatt also scrapped his appearance at the festival, but the event still went ahead as planned with performances from Earth, Wind & Fire and Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil, according to CMT.com.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie