Natasha Richardson's Aunt Lynn Redgrave Passes Away
The acting world's Redgrave family have been hit by another tragedy - Lynn Redgrave has died, aged 67. The Oscar-nominated "Georgy Girl" star's death comes 14 months after her niece Natasha Richardson lost her life following a skiing accident and a month after brother Corin passed away.
Redgrave died on Sunday night, May 2 at her home in New York. Recent tabloid reports suggested the revered British thespian was losing her seven-year battle with breast cancer and shocked friends when she arrived at brother Corin's funeral in London in a wheelchair.
One bystander said, "She looks like she only has weeks to live." Redgrave underwent a mastectomy and chemotherapy treatments in her adopted New York in 2003.
Natasha Richardson herself passed away on March 18, 2009 at New York City's Lenox Hill Hospital after suffering head injury from a skiing accident. A funeral service for the late actress was held on date 22 the same month, in Millbrook, N.Y.
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role