Alexandra Burke's Singing Skill Criticized by Her Mother
Alexandra Burke's mother has reportedly accused the British singer of failing to support her family since she shot to fame - alleging the star hasn't "given her a penny". The 21 year old became a household name in Britain when she won Simon Cowell's reality TV contest "The X Factor" in 2008, and she has subsequently enjoyed two chart-topping singles, as well as a number one album.
But her singer mother Melissa has spoken out about the rift between her and her daughter - allegedly accusing the star of keeping her fortune for herself, while her relatives struggle. She tells Britain's Sunday Mirror, "Alex owes it all to me. She would never have won The X Factor if it hadn't been for me - my experience, my tuition, my guidance."
"She's rich, but we're poor. She hasn't given me a penny and I'm too proud to ask. But considering her win was a team effort, I certainly deserve some." Melissa also reportedly criticized her daughter's singing skills - insisting she won over the public with her looks, not her musical talents.
She adds, "To be honest, I'm a better singer than she is. But she's thinner than me. It's all about image these days, more than talent. Let's face it, if Alex ever got fat, Simon Cowell would drop her like a stone."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris