David Beckham Shows Off Gory Picture of His Surgery
British soccer ace David Beckham shocked fans by showing a gory picture of surgeons working on his injured leg during an appearance on U.S. TV. The sportsman, who celebrates his 35th birthday on Sunday, May 2, has been sidelined by injury after he ruptured his Achilles tendon in March and will have to sit out of the upcoming soccer World Cup in South Africa.
Beckham underwent an operation to repair the damage, and he shared stomach-churning images of the surgery with viewers of David Letterman's "Late Show" this week. He told the talk show host, "The surgeons cut open the top of my calf, pulled the tendon back, cut open my Achilles and reattached it. They said as long as I follow the rules and don't try to rush back too quickly then I should heal well and be playing at the start of November - or even before that, I hope."
"I think I'd been running too much (before the injury) and I was tired. In the last two years I have been pushing myself too hard because I wanted to get into the World Cup and stay in the England national team. And I'd been flying from L.A. back to Europe a lot and I think it (the tendon) gave up."
More David Beckham News
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans