David Beckham Shows Off Gory Picture of His Surgery
British soccer ace David Beckham shocked fans by showing a gory picture of surgeons working on his injured leg during an appearance on U.S. TV. The sportsman, who celebrates his 35th birthday on Sunday, May 2, has been sidelined by injury after he ruptured his Achilles tendon in March and will have to sit out of the upcoming soccer World Cup in South Africa.
Beckham underwent an operation to repair the damage, and he shared stomach-churning images of the surgery with viewers of David Letterman's "Late Show" this week. He told the talk show host, "The surgeons cut open the top of my calf, pulled the tendon back, cut open my Achilles and reattached it. They said as long as I follow the rules and don't try to rush back too quickly then I should heal well and be playing at the start of November - or even before that, I hope."
"I think I'd been running too much (before the injury) and I was tired. In the last two years I have been pushing myself too hard because I wanted to get into the World Cup and stay in the England national team. And I'd been flying from L.A. back to Europe a lot and I think it (the tendon) gave up."
More David Beckham News
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set