David Beckham Shows Off Gory Picture of His Surgery
British soccer ace David Beckham shocked fans by showing a gory picture of surgeons working on his injured leg during an appearance on U.S. TV. The sportsman, who celebrates his 35th birthday on Sunday, May 2, has been sidelined by injury after he ruptured his Achilles tendon in March and will have to sit out of the upcoming soccer World Cup in South Africa.
Beckham underwent an operation to repair the damage, and he shared stomach-churning images of the surgery with viewers of David Letterman's "Late Show" this week. He told the talk show host, "The surgeons cut open the top of my calf, pulled the tendon back, cut open my Achilles and reattached it. They said as long as I follow the rules and don't try to rush back too quickly then I should heal well and be playing at the start of November - or even before that, I hope."
"I think I'd been running too much (before the injury) and I was tired. In the last two years I have been pushing myself too hard because I wanted to get into the World Cup and stay in the England national team. And I'd been flying from L.A. back to Europe a lot and I think it (the tendon) gave up."
More David Beckham News
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'