Catherine Bach Grieving Over Husband's Death
A representative for actress Catherine Bach has described the death of the star's husband as a "tragic personal loss" after music attorney Peter Lopez was found dead outside the family home in California. Lopez, who spent seven years working for Michael Jackson, was found after paramedics responded to a report of a shooting at his Encino home on Friday night, April 30.
Lieutenant John Romero, of the Los Angeles Police Department, has confirmed cops are investigating reports Lopez, 60, may have taken his own life. He says, "We're still in the early stages of the investigation, but what we gather is it's an apparent suicide."
Bach, who is best known for her role as Daisy Duke on U.S. TV series "The Dukes of Hazzard", has confirmed the tragic news through her attorney, Steve Rohr, who tells E! News, "The Lopez family has suffered a tragic personal loss. Catherine and the girls ask for your prayers."
A statement from Lopez's law firm, Kleinberg, Lopez, Lange, Cuddy & Klein LLP, reads, "We are deeply shocked and saddened by the unexpected loss of our friend and partner, Peter Lopez. This is an incalculable tragedy for his family, friends, clients and ourselves. We request that all concerned respect the privacy of Peter's family during this terribly difficult period. Our heartfelt condolences, thoughts and prayers are with the Lopez family."
Bach married Lopez in 1990 and they share two children.
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson