Catherine Bach Grieving Over Husband's Death
A representative for actress Catherine Bach has described the death of the star's husband as a "tragic personal loss" after music attorney Peter Lopez was found dead outside the family home in California. Lopez, who spent seven years working for Michael Jackson, was found after paramedics responded to a report of a shooting at his Encino home on Friday night, April 30.
Lieutenant John Romero, of the Los Angeles Police Department, has confirmed cops are investigating reports Lopez, 60, may have taken his own life. He says, "We're still in the early stages of the investigation, but what we gather is it's an apparent suicide."
Bach, who is best known for her role as Daisy Duke on U.S. TV series "The Dukes of Hazzard", has confirmed the tragic news through her attorney, Steve Rohr, who tells E! News, "The Lopez family has suffered a tragic personal loss. Catherine and the girls ask for your prayers."
A statement from Lopez's law firm, Kleinberg, Lopez, Lange, Cuddy & Klein LLP, reads, "We are deeply shocked and saddened by the unexpected loss of our friend and partner, Peter Lopez. This is an incalculable tragedy for his family, friends, clients and ourselves. We request that all concerned respect the privacy of Peter's family during this terribly difficult period. Our heartfelt condolences, thoughts and prayers are with the Lopez family."
Bach married Lopez in 1990 and they share two children.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama