Catherine Bach Grieving Over Husband's Death
A representative for actress Catherine Bach has described the death of the star's husband as a "tragic personal loss" after music attorney Peter Lopez was found dead outside the family home in California. Lopez, who spent seven years working for Michael Jackson, was found after paramedics responded to a report of a shooting at his Encino home on Friday night, April 30.
Lieutenant John Romero, of the Los Angeles Police Department, has confirmed cops are investigating reports Lopez, 60, may have taken his own life. He says, "We're still in the early stages of the investigation, but what we gather is it's an apparent suicide."
Bach, who is best known for her role as Daisy Duke on U.S. TV series "The Dukes of Hazzard", has confirmed the tragic news through her attorney, Steve Rohr, who tells E! News, "The Lopez family has suffered a tragic personal loss. Catherine and the girls ask for your prayers."
A statement from Lopez's law firm, Kleinberg, Lopez, Lange, Cuddy & Klein LLP, reads, "We are deeply shocked and saddened by the unexpected loss of our friend and partner, Peter Lopez. This is an incalculable tragedy for his family, friends, clients and ourselves. We request that all concerned respect the privacy of Peter's family during this terribly difficult period. Our heartfelt condolences, thoughts and prayers are with the Lopez family."
Bach married Lopez in 1990 and they share two children.
- Miranda Lambert Already Plans to Get Married to Anderson East?
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Highlights the Superhero's Origin
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Enters Rehab After Drug Abuse due to Christina Grimmie's Death
- Rick Ross Is Gearing Up for His Next Collab With Skrillex
- 'America's Got Talent' First Five Finalists of Season 21 Revealed
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'