Pixie Lott Makes Acting Debut in TV Movie
British singer Pixie Lott will make her acting debut in upcoming TV film "Fred: The Movie". The 19-year-old "Mama Do" hitmaker stars alongside Lucas Cruikshank in the independent comedy picture, which will debut on the U.K.'s Nickelodeon channel in August.
Lott admits she's delighted to have landed the part as she spent years studying drama - but she's surprised an acting role was handed to her so early in her career. She tells the BBC's Newsbeat, "I didn't think I'd be doing acting so early. I thought it'd be further on. I went to a stage school so I studied in drama, dance, singing and musical theatre so I had that background. I love entertaining."
"It's about an internet phenomenon. Obviously Fred is the main character and I play the part of Judy which is the girl that Fred loves. The whole film is about his journey to find Judy."
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle