Pixie Lott Makes Acting Debut in TV Movie
British singer Pixie Lott will make her acting debut in upcoming TV film "Fred: The Movie". The 19-year-old "Mama Do" hitmaker stars alongside Lucas Cruikshank in the independent comedy picture, which will debut on the U.K.'s Nickelodeon channel in August.
Lott admits she's delighted to have landed the part as she spent years studying drama - but she's surprised an acting role was handed to her so early in her career. She tells the BBC's Newsbeat, "I didn't think I'd be doing acting so early. I thought it'd be further on. I went to a stage school so I studied in drama, dance, singing and musical theatre so I had that background. I love entertaining."
"It's about an internet phenomenon. Obviously Fred is the main character and I play the part of Judy which is the girl that Fred loves. The whole film is about his journey to find Judy."
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover