Usher: Talent Shows Kill the Music Industry
R and B star Usher has accused TV talent shows of killing the music industry. Just weeks after the singer appeared as a mentor on the current season of "American Idol", Usher has blasted the show and its rivals for making talented singers celebrities and then casting them aside.
He says, "The true art form of music is being lost, because it seems so easy that everyone can do it, and that it can happen overnight. Television is a lie. It can't happen overnight. The artist who thinks that it can just comes and goes. The reason why great singers cannot exist in this time is maybe because they're not properly managed, and maybe they don't understand the full gamut of what being an entertainer is."
"We're dealing with an industry that is slowly but surely dying, every day. There's the record companies that are mass-producing these versions of these people; versions of this broken art. While it works, because it sells records, it damages the business."
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?