Usher: Talent Shows Kill the Music Industry
R and B star Usher has accused TV talent shows of killing the music industry. Just weeks after the singer appeared as a mentor on the current season of "American Idol", Usher has blasted the show and its rivals for making talented singers celebrities and then casting them aside.
He says, "The true art form of music is being lost, because it seems so easy that everyone can do it, and that it can happen overnight. Television is a lie. It can't happen overnight. The artist who thinks that it can just comes and goes. The reason why great singers cannot exist in this time is maybe because they're not properly managed, and maybe they don't understand the full gamut of what being an entertainer is."
"We're dealing with an industry that is slowly but surely dying, every day. There's the record companies that are mass-producing these versions of these people; versions of this broken art. While it works, because it sells records, it damages the business."
More Usher News
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert