Usher: Talent Shows Kill the Music Industry
R and B star Usher has accused TV talent shows of killing the music industry. Just weeks after the singer appeared as a mentor on the current season of "American Idol", Usher has blasted the show and its rivals for making talented singers celebrities and then casting them aside.
He says, "The true art form of music is being lost, because it seems so easy that everyone can do it, and that it can happen overnight. Television is a lie. It can't happen overnight. The artist who thinks that it can just comes and goes. The reason why great singers cannot exist in this time is maybe because they're not properly managed, and maybe they don't understand the full gamut of what being an entertainer is."
"We're dealing with an industry that is slowly but surely dying, every day. There's the record companies that are mass-producing these versions of these people; versions of this broken art. While it works, because it sells records, it damages the business."
More Usher News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed