Confirmed, LCD Soundsystem to Split After Third Album
LCD Soundsystem frontman James Murphy has confirmed the band's upcoming album will be their last - because he has no desire to stay in the spotlight and become "wildly famous". The band's third studio album, "This Is Happening", is set to hit stores next month and Murphy is sure it will be LCD Soundsystem's final record - because he's ready to pursue other projects.
He tells Britain's The Sun, "I guess there's a million reasons to keep going with the band. It would be a good career choice because we're in a good position - but it was never about that for me. I don't want to be wildly famous. I like being respected and appreciated but I was never in a band to be a pop star. So I don't want to start pulling back and saying I don't want to be that big. It's a negative. It's a stop, I like to go. Just go as hard as I can for the next year and a half and then do something else."
"I've just turned 40, I have to follow my other dreams. I feel we've done the best we can with LCD - and I don't feel there's quite as much to prove. I want to find another challenge for myself." Murphy founded dance-punk label DFA Records and last year wrote the musical score for Noah Baumbach's film "Greenberg".
More LCD Soundsystem News
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Rashad Jennings and Normani Kordei Are Neck-and-Neck
- 'Hotel Transylvania: The Series' Coming in June - Get the First-Look Image and Teaser!
- New 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Photos: See Dany's 747-Sized Dragon in War!
- Trying to Make Kourtney Kardashian Jealous, Scott Disick Jets Off to Cannes With Bella Thorne
- Amber Rose Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt in Tiny Bodysuit
- Explosion at Ariana Grande's Gig in Manchester Killed 19 People, Injured 50 Others
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser