Confirmed, LCD Soundsystem to Split After Third Album
LCD Soundsystem frontman James Murphy has confirmed the band's upcoming album will be their last - because he has no desire to stay in the spotlight and become "wildly famous". The band's third studio album, "This Is Happening", is set to hit stores next month and Murphy is sure it will be LCD Soundsystem's final record - because he's ready to pursue other projects.
He tells Britain's The Sun, "I guess there's a million reasons to keep going with the band. It would be a good career choice because we're in a good position - but it was never about that for me. I don't want to be wildly famous. I like being respected and appreciated but I was never in a band to be a pop star. So I don't want to start pulling back and saying I don't want to be that big. It's a negative. It's a stop, I like to go. Just go as hard as I can for the next year and a half and then do something else."
"I've just turned 40, I have to follow my other dreams. I feel we've done the best we can with LCD - and I don't feel there's quite as much to prove. I want to find another challenge for myself." Murphy founded dance-punk label DFA Records and last year wrote the musical score for Noah Baumbach's film "Greenberg".
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie