Confirmed, LCD Soundsystem to Split After Third Album
LCD Soundsystem frontman James Murphy has confirmed the band's upcoming album will be their last - because he has no desire to stay in the spotlight and become "wildly famous". The band's third studio album, "This Is Happening", is set to hit stores next month and Murphy is sure it will be LCD Soundsystem's final record - because he's ready to pursue other projects.
He tells Britain's The Sun, "I guess there's a million reasons to keep going with the band. It would be a good career choice because we're in a good position - but it was never about that for me. I don't want to be wildly famous. I like being respected and appreciated but I was never in a band to be a pop star. So I don't want to start pulling back and saying I don't want to be that big. It's a negative. It's a stop, I like to go. Just go as hard as I can for the next year and a half and then do something else."
"I've just turned 40, I have to follow my other dreams. I feel we've done the best we can with LCD - and I don't feel there's quite as much to prove. I want to find another challenge for myself." Murphy founded dance-punk label DFA Records and last year wrote the musical score for Noah Baumbach's film "Greenberg".
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season