Confirmed, LCD Soundsystem to Split After Third Album
LCD Soundsystem frontman James Murphy has confirmed the band's upcoming album will be their last - because he has no desire to stay in the spotlight and become "wildly famous". The band's third studio album, "This Is Happening", is set to hit stores next month and Murphy is sure it will be LCD Soundsystem's final record - because he's ready to pursue other projects.
He tells Britain's The Sun, "I guess there's a million reasons to keep going with the band. It would be a good career choice because we're in a good position - but it was never about that for me. I don't want to be wildly famous. I like being respected and appreciated but I was never in a band to be a pop star. So I don't want to start pulling back and saying I don't want to be that big. It's a negative. It's a stop, I like to go. Just go as hard as I can for the next year and a half and then do something else."
"I've just turned 40, I have to follow my other dreams. I feel we've done the best we can with LCD - and I don't feel there's quite as much to prove. I want to find another challenge for myself." Murphy founded dance-punk label DFA Records and last year wrote the musical score for Noah Baumbach's film "Greenberg".
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?