Elizabeth Taylor Broke Down in Tears at Ex-Husband Tribute
Elizabeth Taylor broke down in tears in front of British royal Prince Charles on Thursday night, April 29 at the unveiling of a tribute to her ex-husband Richard Burton. The veteran actress was the star guest at royal residence Buckingham Palace in London to mark 60 years since the opening of the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama.
The institute is naming a theater after Welsh actor Burton and a bust featuring his likeness has been commissioned for the playhouse. And when Taylor saw the "marvelous" statue of her late ex-husband, she was overcome with emotion. She told Charles, Prince of Wales, "Richard would have been so deeply touched by this great honor, as am I."
"It's wonderful to be here and join in this celebration, along with many others who remember and respect Richard with so much love in their hearts." Taylor and Burton wed twice - in 1964 and 1975 - but both unions ended in divorce before his death in 1984 of a brain haemorrhage.
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses