Elizabeth Taylor Broke Down in Tears at Ex-Husband Tribute
Elizabeth Taylor broke down in tears in front of British royal Prince Charles on Thursday night, April 29 at the unveiling of a tribute to her ex-husband Richard Burton. The veteran actress was the star guest at royal residence Buckingham Palace in London to mark 60 years since the opening of the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama.
The institute is naming a theater after Welsh actor Burton and a bust featuring his likeness has been commissioned for the playhouse. And when Taylor saw the "marvelous" statue of her late ex-husband, she was overcome with emotion. She told Charles, Prince of Wales, "Richard would have been so deeply touched by this great honor, as am I."
"It's wonderful to be here and join in this celebration, along with many others who remember and respect Richard with so much love in their hearts." Taylor and Burton wed twice - in 1964 and 1975 - but both unions ended in divorce before his death in 1984 of a brain haemorrhage.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season