Katie Holmes' Kennedy Miniseries Gets Slammed
A new TV miniseries about America's famous Kennedy family starring Katie Holmes has been blasted by a former presidential aid, who alleges the script is based on events which "never happened". The actress will play Jackie Kennedy, the wife of assassinated U.S. President John F. Kennedy, in the upcoming drama show which will debut on America's History Channel next year.
But experts and former employees of the Kennedy family are fuming after seeing early versions of the screenplay, insisting many key scenes are fictional. Ted Sorensen, who was John F. Kennedy's special counsel and speechwriter in the White House, says, "Every single conversation with the president in the Oval Office or elsewhere in which I, according to the script, participated, never happened."
Nigel Hamilton, author of JFK: Reckless Youth, adds: "Frankly, it's a travesty. Why feed this kind of garbage on something called the History Channel?" Greg Kinnear will play JFK in the project.
More Katie Holmes News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding