Katie Holmes' Kennedy Miniseries Gets Slammed
A new TV miniseries about America's famous Kennedy family starring Katie Holmes has been blasted by a former presidential aid, who alleges the script is based on events which "never happened". The actress will play Jackie Kennedy, the wife of assassinated U.S. President John F. Kennedy, in the upcoming drama show which will debut on America's History Channel next year.
But experts and former employees of the Kennedy family are fuming after seeing early versions of the screenplay, insisting many key scenes are fictional. Ted Sorensen, who was John F. Kennedy's special counsel and speechwriter in the White House, says, "Every single conversation with the president in the Oval Office or elsewhere in which I, according to the script, participated, never happened."
Nigel Hamilton, author of JFK: Reckless Youth, adds: "Frankly, it's a travesty. Why feed this kind of garbage on something called the History Channel?" Greg Kinnear will play JFK in the project.
More Katie Holmes News
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos