Katie Holmes' Kennedy Miniseries Gets Slammed
A new TV miniseries about America's famous Kennedy family starring Katie Holmes has been blasted by a former presidential aid, who alleges the script is based on events which "never happened". The actress will play Jackie Kennedy, the wife of assassinated U.S. President John F. Kennedy, in the upcoming drama show which will debut on America's History Channel next year.
But experts and former employees of the Kennedy family are fuming after seeing early versions of the screenplay, insisting many key scenes are fictional. Ted Sorensen, who was John F. Kennedy's special counsel and speechwriter in the White House, says, "Every single conversation with the president in the Oval Office or elsewhere in which I, according to the script, participated, never happened."
Nigel Hamilton, author of JFK: Reckless Youth, adds: "Frankly, it's a travesty. Why feed this kind of garbage on something called the History Channel?" Greg Kinnear will play JFK in the project.
More Katie Holmes News
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth