Katie Holmes' Kennedy Miniseries Gets Slammed
A new TV miniseries about America's famous Kennedy family starring Katie Holmes has been blasted by a former presidential aid, who alleges the script is based on events which "never happened". The actress will play Jackie Kennedy, the wife of assassinated U.S. President John F. Kennedy, in the upcoming drama show which will debut on America's History Channel next year.
But experts and former employees of the Kennedy family are fuming after seeing early versions of the screenplay, insisting many key scenes are fictional. Ted Sorensen, who was John F. Kennedy's special counsel and speechwriter in the White House, says, "Every single conversation with the president in the Oval Office or elsewhere in which I, according to the script, participated, never happened."
Nigel Hamilton, author of JFK: Reckless Youth, adds: "Frankly, it's a travesty. Why feed this kind of garbage on something called the History Channel?" Greg Kinnear will play JFK in the project.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby