Katie Holmes' Kennedy Miniseries Gets Slammed
A new TV miniseries about America's famous Kennedy family starring Katie Holmes has been blasted by a former presidential aid, who alleges the script is based on events which "never happened". The actress will play Jackie Kennedy, the wife of assassinated U.S. President John F. Kennedy, in the upcoming drama show which will debut on America's History Channel next year.
But experts and former employees of the Kennedy family are fuming after seeing early versions of the screenplay, insisting many key scenes are fictional. Ted Sorensen, who was John F. Kennedy's special counsel and speechwriter in the White House, says, "Every single conversation with the president in the Oval Office or elsewhere in which I, according to the script, participated, never happened."
Nigel Hamilton, author of JFK: Reckless Youth, adds: "Frankly, it's a travesty. Why feed this kind of garbage on something called the History Channel?" Greg Kinnear will play JFK in the project.
More Katie Holmes News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal