Bret Michaels Still in Intensive Care, Press Conference Planned for Next Week
Rocker Bret Michaels' recovery has been exaggerated - his aides insist he's still in a critical condition after suffering a brain hemorrhage last week. Reports suggested the Poison singer had been upgraded to stable on Tuesday, April 27, but his publicists claim he's still in poor health and desperately in need of more tests at an Arizona treatment clinic before his condition will improve.
In a new post on the singer's MySpace.com page, his reps write, "Bret remains in critical condition in ICU (intensive care unit) under 24-hour supervision by doctors and medical staff. If a patient survives the initial rupture, the first seven to 10 days after are the most critical as an additional rupture or other complications may arise. Doctors are also continuing to treat Bret for the hyponatremia and today he will be undergoing more testing as well as an additional MRA."
The reps have announced there will be a press conference on Tuesday, May 4, during which doctors treating Michaels will "further explain his condition, treatment and prognosis." Meanwhile, Michaels' road manager, Janna Elias, has spoken out about reports the rocker and his team were making plans to reschedule concerts he has scrapped due to his medical problems.
She explains that Michaels could be back on the road in Fort Smith, Arkansas on May 26 "provided there are no further complications or setbacks."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered