Bret Michaels Still in Intensive Care, Press Conference Planned for Next Week
Rocker Bret Michaels' recovery has been exaggerated - his aides insist he's still in a critical condition after suffering a brain hemorrhage last week. Reports suggested the Poison singer had been upgraded to stable on Tuesday, April 27, but his publicists claim he's still in poor health and desperately in need of more tests at an Arizona treatment clinic before his condition will improve.
In a new post on the singer's MySpace.com page, his reps write, "Bret remains in critical condition in ICU (intensive care unit) under 24-hour supervision by doctors and medical staff. If a patient survives the initial rupture, the first seven to 10 days after are the most critical as an additional rupture or other complications may arise. Doctors are also continuing to treat Bret for the hyponatremia and today he will be undergoing more testing as well as an additional MRA."
The reps have announced there will be a press conference on Tuesday, May 4, during which doctors treating Michaels will "further explain his condition, treatment and prognosis." Meanwhile, Michaels' road manager, Janna Elias, has spoken out about reports the rocker and his team were making plans to reschedule concerts he has scrapped due to his medical problems.
She explains that Michaels could be back on the road in Fort Smith, Arkansas on May 26 "provided there are no further complications or setbacks."
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake