Bret Michaels Still in Intensive Care, Press Conference Planned for Next Week
Rocker Bret Michaels' recovery has been exaggerated - his aides insist he's still in a critical condition after suffering a brain hemorrhage last week. Reports suggested the Poison singer had been upgraded to stable on Tuesday, April 27, but his publicists claim he's still in poor health and desperately in need of more tests at an Arizona treatment clinic before his condition will improve.
In a new post on the singer's MySpace.com page, his reps write, "Bret remains in critical condition in ICU (intensive care unit) under 24-hour supervision by doctors and medical staff. If a patient survives the initial rupture, the first seven to 10 days after are the most critical as an additional rupture or other complications may arise. Doctors are also continuing to treat Bret for the hyponatremia and today he will be undergoing more testing as well as an additional MRA."
The reps have announced there will be a press conference on Tuesday, May 4, during which doctors treating Michaels will "further explain his condition, treatment and prognosis." Meanwhile, Michaels' road manager, Janna Elias, has spoken out about reports the rocker and his team were making plans to reschedule concerts he has scrapped due to his medical problems.
She explains that Michaels could be back on the road in Fort Smith, Arkansas on May 26 "provided there are no further complications or setbacks."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal