Rosie O'Donnell Wants to 'Save' Lindsay Lohan
Lindsay Lohan's father has won the support of actress and TV personality Rosie O'Donnell in his bid to force the "Mean Girls" star into rehab - she's positive the 23 year old needs help. The "A League of Their Own" star admits she feels close to Michael Lohan's daughter - because she sees herself in the actress' mother, Dina.
She tells U.S. TV news show Access Hollywood, "Lindsay Lohan's mother grew up one town over from where I did. I'm the same age as her mother... There's like five people who are famous from the area we grew up and she's one of them, and it makes me very sad."
"I look at Lindsay Lohan and think, 'That could be my child' - literally. All I wanna do is help her and save her and I wonder why her mother does not." O'Donnell agrees with Lohan's concerned father, who is seeking legal aid in his bid to force his daughter to get help for an alleged prescription medication addiction.
She adds, "Lindsay Lohan needs a severe intervention." And the actress admits she would call on TV counsellor to the stars Dr. Drew Pinsky to help her help the 23 year old. O'Donnell adds, "I would take Dr. Drew Pinsky and Lindsay Lohan and hopefully get us in a room for a couple of hours, and then I would take her off to rehab and force her to stay there. It's hard to watch it happen and not have anyone to help her."
But the TV personality wants to make it clear she's not a fan of Lohan's father, even though she supports his bid to find help for his daughter: "Her father doesn't seem stable enough, nor does her mother. It's gonna take some kind of intervention and it's gonna be up to Lindsay in the end."
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna