Kid Rock Hired to Host 2010 CMT Music Awards
Kid Rock has signed up to host the 2010 CMT Music Awards in Nashville, Tennessee on June 9. The rocker has often made appearances at the country music prizegiving, but this is the first year he has been invited to take charge of the event.
A statement from Rock reads, "All I can promise is I will be awesome." The singer/songwriter, who claimed the CMT Video of the Year award for "All Summer Long" last year, made the announcement on his official website on Thursday, April 29.
The 2010 CMT Music Awards will air live from Nashville's Bridgestone Arena. Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum and Carrie Underwood are among the early performers confirmed.
Fans can vote for their favorite nominees through May 3. Final nominees will be announced via People on Tuesday May, 11 at 9 A.M. EST.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why