Andrea Bocelli and Bryan Adams to Sing at World Cup Concert
Blind opera star Andrea Bocelli and rocker Bryan Adams are to team up to close the upcoming World Cup in South Africa. The Italian tenor and the Canadian will perform at the Celebrate Africa, the Grand Finale spectacular in Johannesburg on July 9, two days before the World Cup final takes place.
South African soprano Pretty Yende will join the two stars onstage. Alicia Keys and Shakira will headline a concert marking the opening of the soccer tournament on June 10.
Beside featuring international artists, the opening concert will also feature more South African performers. "We've always maintained that the incredibly talented South African and African music industry will play a major part in the tournament's off-field success and character," said Danny Jordaan, head of the World Cup Organizing Committee South Africa.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance