Andrea Bocelli and Bryan Adams to Sing at World Cup Concert
Blind opera star Andrea Bocelli and rocker Bryan Adams are to team up to close the upcoming World Cup in South Africa. The Italian tenor and the Canadian will perform at the Celebrate Africa, the Grand Finale spectacular in Johannesburg on July 9, two days before the World Cup final takes place.
South African soprano Pretty Yende will join the two stars onstage. Alicia Keys and Shakira will headline a concert marking the opening of the soccer tournament on June 10.
Beside featuring international artists, the opening concert will also feature more South African performers. "We've always maintained that the incredibly talented South African and African music industry will play a major part in the tournament's off-field success and character," said Danny Jordaan, head of the World Cup Organizing Committee South Africa.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy