Andrea Bocelli and Bryan Adams to Sing at World Cup Concert
Blind opera star Andrea Bocelli and rocker Bryan Adams are to team up to close the upcoming World Cup in South Africa. The Italian tenor and the Canadian will perform at the Celebrate Africa, the Grand Finale spectacular in Johannesburg on July 9, two days before the World Cup final takes place.
South African soprano Pretty Yende will join the two stars onstage. Alicia Keys and Shakira will headline a concert marking the opening of the soccer tournament on June 10.
Beside featuring international artists, the opening concert will also feature more South African performers. "We've always maintained that the incredibly talented South African and African music industry will play a major part in the tournament's off-field success and character," said Danny Jordaan, head of the World Cup Organizing Committee South Africa.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake