Andrea Bocelli and Bryan Adams to Sing at World Cup Concert
Blind opera star Andrea Bocelli and rocker Bryan Adams are to team up to close the upcoming World Cup in South Africa. The Italian tenor and the Canadian will perform at the Celebrate Africa, the Grand Finale spectacular in Johannesburg on July 9, two days before the World Cup final takes place.
South African soprano Pretty Yende will join the two stars onstage. Alicia Keys and Shakira will headline a concert marking the opening of the soccer tournament on June 10.
Beside featuring international artists, the opening concert will also feature more South African performers. "We've always maintained that the incredibly talented South African and African music industry will play a major part in the tournament's off-field success and character," said Danny Jordaan, head of the World Cup Organizing Committee South Africa.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris