Andrea Bocelli and Bryan Adams to Sing at World Cup Concert
Blind opera star Andrea Bocelli and rocker Bryan Adams are to team up to close the upcoming World Cup in South Africa. The Italian tenor and the Canadian will perform at the Celebrate Africa, the Grand Finale spectacular in Johannesburg on July 9, two days before the World Cup final takes place.
South African soprano Pretty Yende will join the two stars onstage. Alicia Keys and Shakira will headline a concert marking the opening of the soccer tournament on June 10.
Beside featuring international artists, the opening concert will also feature more South African performers. "We've always maintained that the incredibly talented South African and African music industry will play a major part in the tournament's off-field success and character," said Danny Jordaan, head of the World Cup Organizing Committee South Africa.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special