Bomb Found Outside George Clooney's Villa
Bomb disposal experts have been called to the site of George Clooney's holiday home in Italy after World War II explosives were discovered just yards from the actor's Lake Como villa. A 500 pound bomb was found underwater close to Clooney's multi-million dollar Villa Oleandra mansion, and police sealed off the surrounding town of Laglio on Wednesday, April 28 to allow specialist teams to defuse the device.
The bomb, which is thought to have been dropped by a plane during the Second World War, was discovered along with mines and other raw explosives, according to Britain's Daily Telegraph.
The news comes just weeks after police launched an investigation into the discovery of a woman's body in the lake. The corpse was pulled from the water close to Clooney's property last month.
More George Clooney News
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps