The Flaming Lips Cancel Concerts Due to Guitarist's Hospitalization
The Flaming Lips have been forced to scrap a pair of shows in Florida and Tennessee following the hospitalization of guitarist Steven Drozd. The group was scheduled to perform at SunFest in Florida on Thursday, April 29 and at the Memphis in May festival on Saturday, May 1, but both appearances have been canceled.
Details of Drozd's illness and his current condition have not been released, but the band's representative says doctors are expecting the guitarist to fully recover in the next few weeks. Other than the two gigs, no further cancellations are planned at this time.
And though details of his condition are still unclear, according to a source close to the band, it's nothing serious.
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'