The Flaming Lips Cancel Concerts Due to Guitarist's Hospitalization
The Flaming Lips have been forced to scrap a pair of shows in Florida and Tennessee following the hospitalization of guitarist Steven Drozd. The group was scheduled to perform at SunFest in Florida on Thursday, April 29 and at the Memphis in May festival on Saturday, May 1, but both appearances have been canceled.
Details of Drozd's illness and his current condition have not been released, but the band's representative says doctors are expecting the guitarist to fully recover in the next few weeks. Other than the two gigs, no further cancellations are planned at this time.
And though details of his condition are still unclear, according to a source close to the band, it's nothing serious.
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC