The Flaming Lips Cancel Concerts Due to Guitarist's Hospitalization
The Flaming Lips have been forced to scrap a pair of shows in Florida and Tennessee following the hospitalization of guitarist Steven Drozd. The group was scheduled to perform at SunFest in Florida on Thursday, April 29 and at the Memphis in May festival on Saturday, May 1, but both appearances have been canceled.
Details of Drozd's illness and his current condition have not been released, but the band's representative says doctors are expecting the guitarist to fully recover in the next few weeks. Other than the two gigs, no further cancellations are planned at this time.
And though details of his condition are still unclear, according to a source close to the band, it's nothing serious.
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'