The Flaming Lips Cancel Concerts Due to Guitarist's Hospitalization
The Flaming Lips have been forced to scrap a pair of shows in Florida and Tennessee following the hospitalization of guitarist Steven Drozd. The group was scheduled to perform at SunFest in Florida on Thursday, April 29 and at the Memphis in May festival on Saturday, May 1, but both appearances have been canceled.
Details of Drozd's illness and his current condition have not been released, but the band's representative says doctors are expecting the guitarist to fully recover in the next few weeks. Other than the two gigs, no further cancellations are planned at this time.
And though details of his condition are still unclear, according to a source close to the band, it's nothing serious.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake