Courtney Love Responds Angrily to Billy Corgan's Tweet
Courtney Love has responded angrily to former pal Billy Corgan's Twitter.com comments about her poor skills as a mum, accusing the "jealous" rocker of obsessing about her estranged daughter.
The Smashing Pumpkins frontman blasted Love in a series of tweets on Monday, April 26, in which he accused her of living off late husband Kurt Cobain's fortune and cruelly stated, "Only you could abandon such a beautiful, incredible child who is smarter than u, cooler than u, and better than u," in reference to her estrangement from daughter Frances Bean Cobain.
The teenager was placed under the temporary guardianship of her paternal grandmother and an aunt in December 2009 after a falling out with her mother. A judge later banned Love from contacting her daughter until an upcoming hearing.
Two days after his attack, Love has responded by agreeing with Corgan that her daughter is "smarter and cooler than ANYONE will ever be." But she takes exception to the rocker's "obsession" with Cobain. In a tweet, she writes, "You creep now go away GROSS... I really think its truly creepy how jealous and obsessed (with Frances) he is." The Hole singer also takes aim at her former friend's reputation as some kind of spiritual sage, adding Corgan "coughs up this spiritual s**t like bile and lives none of it."
Corgan and Love fell out while they were working on songs for her new Hole album "Nobody's Daughter", which was released on Tuesday.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story