Courtney Love Responds Angrily to Billy Corgan's Tweet
Courtney Love has responded angrily to former pal Billy Corgan's Twitter.com comments about her poor skills as a mum, accusing the "jealous" rocker of obsessing about her estranged daughter.
The Smashing Pumpkins frontman blasted Love in a series of tweets on Monday, April 26, in which he accused her of living off late husband Kurt Cobain's fortune and cruelly stated, "Only you could abandon such a beautiful, incredible child who is smarter than u, cooler than u, and better than u," in reference to her estrangement from daughter Frances Bean Cobain.
The teenager was placed under the temporary guardianship of her paternal grandmother and an aunt in December 2009 after a falling out with her mother. A judge later banned Love from contacting her daughter until an upcoming hearing.
Two days after his attack, Love has responded by agreeing with Corgan that her daughter is "smarter and cooler than ANYONE will ever be." But she takes exception to the rocker's "obsession" with Cobain. In a tweet, she writes, "You creep now go away GROSS... I really think its truly creepy how jealous and obsessed (with Frances) he is." The Hole singer also takes aim at her former friend's reputation as some kind of spiritual sage, adding Corgan "coughs up this spiritual s**t like bile and lives none of it."
Corgan and Love fell out while they were working on songs for her new Hole album "Nobody's Daughter", which was released on Tuesday.
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- 'Transformers' Star Isabela Moner Lands Key Role in 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado'
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!