Courtney Love Responds Angrily to Billy Corgan's Tweet
Courtney Love has responded angrily to former pal Billy Corgan's Twitter.com comments about her poor skills as a mum, accusing the "jealous" rocker of obsessing about her estranged daughter.
The Smashing Pumpkins frontman blasted Love in a series of tweets on Monday, April 26, in which he accused her of living off late husband Kurt Cobain's fortune and cruelly stated, "Only you could abandon such a beautiful, incredible child who is smarter than u, cooler than u, and better than u," in reference to her estrangement from daughter Frances Bean Cobain.
The teenager was placed under the temporary guardianship of her paternal grandmother and an aunt in December 2009 after a falling out with her mother. A judge later banned Love from contacting her daughter until an upcoming hearing.
Two days after his attack, Love has responded by agreeing with Corgan that her daughter is "smarter and cooler than ANYONE will ever be." But she takes exception to the rocker's "obsession" with Cobain. In a tweet, she writes, "You creep now go away GROSS... I really think its truly creepy how jealous and obsessed (with Frances) he is." The Hole singer also takes aim at her former friend's reputation as some kind of spiritual sage, adding Corgan "coughs up this spiritual s**t like bile and lives none of it."
Corgan and Love fell out while they were working on songs for her new Hole album "Nobody's Daughter", which was released on Tuesday.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist