Courtney Love Responds Angrily to Billy Corgan's Tweet
Courtney Love has responded angrily to former pal Billy Corgan's Twitter.com comments about her poor skills as a mum, accusing the "jealous" rocker of obsessing about her estranged daughter.
The Smashing Pumpkins frontman blasted Love in a series of tweets on Monday, April 26, in which he accused her of living off late husband Kurt Cobain's fortune and cruelly stated, "Only you could abandon such a beautiful, incredible child who is smarter than u, cooler than u, and better than u," in reference to her estrangement from daughter Frances Bean Cobain.
The teenager was placed under the temporary guardianship of her paternal grandmother and an aunt in December 2009 after a falling out with her mother. A judge later banned Love from contacting her daughter until an upcoming hearing.
Two days after his attack, Love has responded by agreeing with Corgan that her daughter is "smarter and cooler than ANYONE will ever be." But she takes exception to the rocker's "obsession" with Cobain. In a tweet, she writes, "You creep now go away GROSS... I really think its truly creepy how jealous and obsessed (with Frances) he is." The Hole singer also takes aim at her former friend's reputation as some kind of spiritual sage, adding Corgan "coughs up this spiritual s**t like bile and lives none of it."
Corgan and Love fell out while they were working on songs for her new Hole album "Nobody's Daughter", which was released on Tuesday.
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?