Courtney Love Responds Angrily to Billy Corgan's Tweet
Courtney Love has responded angrily to former pal Billy Corgan's Twitter.com comments about her poor skills as a mum, accusing the "jealous" rocker of obsessing about her estranged daughter.
The Smashing Pumpkins frontman blasted Love in a series of tweets on Monday, April 26, in which he accused her of living off late husband Kurt Cobain's fortune and cruelly stated, "Only you could abandon such a beautiful, incredible child who is smarter than u, cooler than u, and better than u," in reference to her estrangement from daughter Frances Bean Cobain.
The teenager was placed under the temporary guardianship of her paternal grandmother and an aunt in December 2009 after a falling out with her mother. A judge later banned Love from contacting her daughter until an upcoming hearing.
Two days after his attack, Love has responded by agreeing with Corgan that her daughter is "smarter and cooler than ANYONE will ever be." But she takes exception to the rocker's "obsession" with Cobain. In a tweet, she writes, "You creep now go away GROSS... I really think its truly creepy how jealous and obsessed (with Frances) he is." The Hole singer also takes aim at her former friend's reputation as some kind of spiritual sage, adding Corgan "coughs up this spiritual s**t like bile and lives none of it."
Corgan and Love fell out while they were working on songs for her new Hole album "Nobody's Daughter", which was released on Tuesday.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?