Madina Lake Dropped From Roadrunner Records
Madina Lake "hit rock bottom" last year after they were dropped by their record label - they all spiralled into "addiction" and their personal lives "fell apart". The rockers' three-year contract with their Roadrunner label was terminated, throwing the future of the group into jeopardy.
The musicians found out the news while they were on tour in Japan, and bassist Matthew Leone admits they all struggled to cope once they returned to their native Chicago, Illinois. He tells Britain's Kerrang! magazine, "It was very scary. We went back to Chicago as a dropped band with an uncertain future. We spiraled into hell. Everyone developed addictions - some pretty intense s**t. We hit rock bottom, no doubt about it. All the negative cliches you could imagine happened to our band within those three months. Our personal lives fell apart completely and we went to a really dark, ugly place."
The band later relocated to Florida to begin work on a new album, and embarked on a U.K. tour in March (10) - and frontman Nathan Leone reveals the gigs pulled them out of a downward spiral. He says, "The welcome we received (from fans) brought tears to our eyes. We had no label, no nothing. It was just the four of us. We went from our drug-addicted low to being clean and the happiest we've ever been. We've had label offers already and we've just had the most successful tour ever."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3